Accedo Broadband AB, org nr. 556654-7864, Magnus Ladulåsgatan 63, 118 27 Stockholm, Sweden and its legal subsidiaries (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in connection with our recruitment processes. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the Data Controller is Accedo Broadband AB, org nr. 556654-7864, Magnus Ladulåsgatan 65, 118 27 Stockholm, Sweden. We use Comeet, an online application provided by Comeet Technologies Inc., to assist with our recruitment process. We use Comeet to process personal information as a Data Processor on our behalf. Comeet is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
Where you apply for a job opening posted by us, these Privacy Notice provisions will apply to our processing of your personal information. When you apply for a job opening via the application function on a job site or recruitment agency (“Partner”), you should note that the relevant Partner may retain your personal data and may also collect data from us in respect of the progress of your application. Any use by the Partner of your data will be in accordance with the Partner’s Privacy Notice.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection laws and principles, which means that your data will be:
● Used lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent way.
● Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you in this notice and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
● Relevant to the purposes we have explained to you in this notice and limited only to those purposes.
● Accurate and kept up to date.
● Maintained only for as long as necessary for the purposes we have explained to you in this notice, i.e. in relation to the recruitment exercise.
● Kept securely and protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against loss or destruction using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Purposes of processing
We use your data for the following purposes:
● To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
● To consider your application in respect of other roles.
● To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
● To enhance any information that we receive from you with information obtained from third-party data providers.
● To find appropriate candidates to fill our job openings.
The kind of data we hold about you
In connection with your application, we will collect, use, and store the following categories of
personal data about you:
● The data you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae (CV) and the personal data contained in your cover letter.
● The data you have provided on our application form, including name, title, home/term address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications, nationality, social media accounts, profession, professional memberships, educational achievements, diplomas, transcripts, languages, computer skills, national service completion (if applicable), identification number and any data you provide us during interviews with our employees.
● Any personal data provided to us about you by your referees (where applicable).
How is your personal data collected?
We collect personal data about candidates from the following sources:
● You, the candidate.
● Your named referees, after your explicit consent, from whom we collect the following categories of data: full name, periods of previous employment, and performance during previous employment.
● From publicly accessible sources, such as Linkedin, etc., where we collect your full name, email, work history, and other data included on your profile.
How we will use data about you
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
● Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
● Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
● Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
● Keep records related to our hiring processes.
● Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
The legal basis under the EU laws for processing your data is our legitimate interest to decide whether to appoint you to the role since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint a suitable candidate to that role. We also need to process your personal data to decide whether to enter into an employment contract with you.
Having received your CV and cover letter and the results from any tests you took, we will then process that data to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is suitable to invite you for an interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the data you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we may then take up references and/or any other check before confirming your appointment.
If you fail to provide personal data
If you fail to provide personal data when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we may not be able to process your application further. For example, if we require references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
How we use particularly sensitive personal data
We will use your sensitive personal data only in so far as we are permitted by law to do so:
● We will use data about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example, whether adjustments need to be made during a test or interview.
● We will use data about your nationality or ethnicity, to assess whether a work permit and a visa will be necessary for the role.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
We will only share your personal data with third parties for the purposes of processing your application. All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies and in compliance with applicable legal requirements. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used,or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered,or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal data on our specific instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality and compliance to the appropriate legal requirements.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will retain your personal data for a period of 3 years after your last application date. If you are unsuccessful we shall retain your personal data for 12 months or for a period of 3 years upon your explicit consent. We retain your personal data for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. We further retain such personal data in case a similar role becomes vacant for which you will be a fitting candidate. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with our data retention policy.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
● Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
● Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data corrected.
● Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
● Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
● Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
● Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you wish to request erasure of your personal data or object to the processing of your personal data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address data protection queries
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact the DPO at email@example.com.