About the Team
Accedo is a great place to work - it’s as simple as that. We are all about diversity and inclusion. We have Musicians, Skiers, Video Game Heroes, Fussbal Champions, Chefs, Wine Connoisseurs and every other variety of people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. You will find a friend here and you can bring your friends along!
We are also passionate about technology and building fantastic software products. We are experts and leaders in the realm of video streaming. It’s no coincidence that some of our customers are giants like Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Our mission is to innovate continuously and to disrupt the industry by creating a scalable platform for building impactful video applications. Accedo One, our award-winning product is a testament to Accedo’s expertise and leadership worldwide.
To continue to excel, we are growing our team and we’re currently looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our team in Budapest. (Did we say we have offices all over the world, including Stockholm, Budapest, London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others?
What you will do:
- Perform functional testing of new features and changes, and regression testing on releases, third party changes, and editorial changes.
- Address bugs & issues found during the development cycle.
- Interact with cross-functional scrum team, including product owners, designers, developers as well as other internal or external stakeholders, by example, joining sprint planning meetings, backlog refinements and sprint retrospectives, and so on, to ensure the product quality meet specified functional, performance and business requirements
- Proactively provide root cause analysis about issues to the team and be able to dig into technical details in order to facilitate potential quality improvement for the team.
- Analyse the quality level at any point and provide guidance of plan and strategy, monitor and control the testing work for the scrum team(s).
- Play as Quality Ambassador to the entire organisation and visualise technical knowledge of how products and systems are tested.
Additional duties for QA Lead Role:
- Lead a local team by being aware of resourcing needs to ensure coverage of skills are available within the team.
- Provide technical leadership to product teams from design and deployment related activities, to complete complex features.
- Responsible to onboard new engineers
- Work with upper managers to ensure team alignment (incl. knowledge sharing)
- Build team cohesion with regular team meetings and individual follow-up (1-on-1s), ensuring team members work well with each other.
- Mentoring and career advancement of team members.
What we are looking for
- BS or MS degree in computer science, Software Engineering, IT (or related discipline), or equivalent working experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the software development, or quality assurance
- In-depth knowledge of different testing methodologies and testing technologies.
- Good understanding of software development methodologies and concepts, like Agile/Scrum, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development.
- Experience in Video and media based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is beneficial
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and libraries highly desirable
- Excellent problem solving skills and passion for technical challenges.
- Interested and eager to dive into new technology areas and immerse in topics relevant to the business.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in using cloud service providers (e.g.: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) is a plus
- Experience with SCM systems and related concepts, e.g. Git, Subversion.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Premium pension plan
- Company life, health and injury insurance
- Yearly health allowance
- Yearly training budget - which can be spent on IT conferences or online trainings
- Nice, spacious downtown office in the hip neighbourhood of Södermalm
- Flexible home office options
- Opportunity to participate in Hackathons and a range of company events