About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space is growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets.
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, e.g. Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Working in a highly collaborative and international environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Accedo is looking for a talented Solutions Engineer to join its growing Sales team in Toronto, Canada. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gain exposure to cutting edge technologies and can work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing and feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices. This is an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented person who is passionate about technology. If this sounds like you, we want you to apply!
Objective of Role
As a Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for leading technical solutions on pre-and post-sales support for new and existing customers. You will be a key contributor to the sales cycle by identifying key customer requirements related to technical subject-matter expertise to aid the sales team in growing the revenue. You will have a wealth of experience presenting technical solutions and demonstrating prototypes on Accedo’s products and services.
- Engage in conference calls, in person visits, respond to RFP/RFI’s and address all technical due diligence during each phase of the sales cycle
- Assist the sales team in achieving specific direct sales revenue goals by managing the technical sales portion of the prospecting and provisioning stages, using a thorough understanding of Accedo’s product and services
- Understand the complexities associated with the delivery of OTT and TVE products with the ability to empathize and solve for a customer’s pain points
- Work closely with Project Managers, Developers, and others to understanding business requirements
- Responsible for technical pre-sales design, development and delivery recommendations and justifications
- Evangelize and demo proof of concepts and other products built by Accedo to prospects and at trade shows
- Possess the ability to develop PoCs for client solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Previous experience as a technology consultant or customer facing role
- Experience in the television/media steaming vertical
- Familiarity with app development and video streaming technology ecosystem
- Ability to analyze, articulate and solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with equally good listening skills
- Good relationship building abilities with customer focused mindset
- Experience in high-paced customer facing assignments working with senior executives
- Ability to prototype and create proof of concept solutions without heavy resource or time investments
- Must be comfortable with up to 25% travel time and willing to travel on short notice