About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space is growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets.
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, e.g. Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Working in a highly collaborative and international environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices. Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Accedo is looking for a talented Financial Accountant to join its Finance team in Toronto, Canada. The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the preparation and analysis of monthly financial data for Accedo (Canada and US).
- Daily account duties like: entries in Dynamics, posting invoices, preparing payments, etc.
- Prepare monthly financial statements & management of control reports. This includes updating reports, running the month end process, including allocations, balancing financial reports and compliance with corporate reporting requirements.
- Responsible for monthly full-cycle accounting and account reconciliations, including balance sheet reconciliations and producing financial statements.
- Provide accurate and timely internal financial reports.
- Review and/or validate various balance sheet accounts for accuracy and completeness.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Reconcile accounts & recommend adjusting entries or corrective actions
- Responsible for preparation of audits and assist with tax compliances
- Maintain up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support book-keeping and financial records.
- Actively participate in defining and implementing new processes and ways of working in alignment with the continued growth of the company.
- Analyze periodic trends to identify early warning indicators of potential problems and / or opportunities for improvement - staying proactive.
- Responsible for statutory reporting
- Preparation of monthly billing reports in coordination with the sales team.
- Send invoices to our customers and obtain the required confirmations.
- Special projects and ad-hoc reporting as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related work experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the accounting field.
- Dynamics knowledge (preferred)
- Excel and google sheet experience (mandatory).
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills both verbal & written.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Able to take initiative and work independently, as required.
- Attention to details.