Software Engineer (IOS)
About The Position
Accedo - Transforming the Video Experience
Accedo is looking for talented iOS Developers / Engineers to join its growing Professional Services team in Toronto. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Objective of role: Primarily software development of iOS/tvOS applications. You will work on applications for world famous brands from idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support. The role can involve a close relationship with Accedo’s overseas offices.
- Do you keep on top of all things Apple and enjoy reading blogs and articles regarding the world of iOS development?
- Are you passionate about Agile development process and improving the efficiency of the software development process ?
- Are you passionate about providing accurate estimates and delivering successful results at the end of each development cycle?
- If so, then this is the team you want to join. We care about software craftsmanship, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it
Skills and Experience
- Strong iOS development experience with an impressive iOS project (or several!) in the app store.
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
- Strong experience with Objective-C and Swift
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them
- A solid understanding of mobile application design as well as iOS frameworks and development
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 1-2 years’ professional experience developing native iOS/tvOS applications
- Extensive hands-on development experience using Objective-C, Swift
- Extensive experience with iOS/tvOS SDK, Xcode and modern Developer Tools
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and Libraries highly desirable
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Good understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities and constraints
- Experience in other tech stacks is also beneficial (HTML/JS, Java, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
- Experience in Video and media based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is a plus.
- Good command of English