Software Engineer - iOS
About The Position
Who are we?
We're Accedo, an award-winning global video solutions provider delivering premium video experiences to millions of people around the globe. We’ve partnered with some of the world’s leading media companies, like HBO, CNN, and Sportsnet to design, deliver and manage the next-generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices. Our teams support customers at every stage of the video business journey, from strategy and design, and implementation.
Accedo’s DNA is rooted in diversity, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Toronto, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
About The Team & Role
We’re operating in a hybrid work model which allows the flexibility for our teams to deliver their best in one of our amazing offices or wherever they may call home.
Accedo is looking for talented iOS Developers to join its growing Professional Services team in Toronto. At Accedo you will gain exposure to cutting-edge technologies and the opportunity to work on applications for world-famous brands from the idea stage through to market launch.
- Do you keep on top of all things of Apple and enjoy reading blogs and articles regarding the world of iOS development?
- Are you passionate about providing accurate estimates and delivering successful results at the end of each development cycle?
If so, then this is the team you want to join. We care about software craftsmanship, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it.
What you'll do
- Work independently with minimal supervision, as well as collaborate with a diverse team.
- Follow or implement the architecture of features that impacts global projects.
- Identify issues and raise concerns/blockers for mitigation.
- Work closely with our customers to deliver the best video experience.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary platforms such as Android, UX/UI, and delivery.
- Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high-performing feature-rich applications on a wide variety of android platforms and devices.
What we are looking for
- An iOS Engineer with 3+ years of professional experience developing iOS applications.
- Deep understanding of iOS development and best practices in Swift.
- Good understanding of iOS architecture, patterns, and open-source libraries.
- Must have good problem-solving skills and love technical challenges.
- Good command of English.
- Good communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers.
We know you are more than your resume and we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still strongly encourage you to apply
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% Company paid Health and Dental Benefits from day one
- RRSP Matching Program
- Personal Days
- Unlimited Paid Sick Days
- Health Spending / Personal Wellness Account
- Learning and Development reimbursements
- Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Epic company events & socials, both virtual and in-person
Our Commitment To Diversity
At Accedo, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusiveness where employees are both valued and heard. Inclusion also means having diverse representation in gender, race, sex, thought, and other personal characteristics to contribute towards the betterment of our commerce and people. We strongly encourage applications from diverse communities to contribute towards our commitment of inclusivity.
If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let the recruiter know when contacted for an interview.
Any offers of employment with Accedo are conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.