Sr. Software Engineer (Android)
About The Position
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment in one of the fastest evolving industries there is?
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and working with some of the largest global media brands such as Netflix, Spotify, and HBO. You will help transform requirements and designs into high performing, feature-rich applications on a wide variety of platforms and devices, ultimately improving the end user experience for millions of video viewers around the world.
We offer a truly inspiring and flexible work environment where you will be empowered to follow your passion, to see possibilities, and to continuously learn and grow. Not to mention, a top-class benefits program and one of the friendliest teams on the globe!
About the Role:
Accedo is looking for a talented Senior Android Developer to join its growing Professional Services team in Toronto. At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Objective of the role:
Software development of Android applications. You will work on applications for world famous brands from idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions and requirements analysis. The role can involve a close relationship with Accedo’s overseas offices.
- Do you keep on top of all things Google and enjoy reading blogs and articles regarding the world of Android development?
- Do you like to work efficiently, in an ordered way using software development methodologies?
- Are you good at providing accurate estimates and delivering successful results at the end of each development cycle?
In this role, you will (amongst other things):
- Strong Kotlin development experience with an impressive Android project (or several!).
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them.
- A solid understanding of mobile application design as well as Kotlin frameworks and development. Understanding of Java can be an asset.
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- The candidate should be based in Canada.
- 6+ years’ professional experience developing native Android applications
- Extensive hands-on development experience using Kotlin.
- Development experience with Java can be an asset.
- Extensive experience with Android SDK, AndroidStudio and modern Developer Tools
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and Libraries highly desirable
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Good understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities and constraints
- Experience in other tech stacks is also beneficial (HTML/JS, Obj-C/Swift, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
- Experience in Video and media based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is a plus
If it sounds like we've developed your interests, we'd love to meet you!!
Accedo is a global video solutions provider, pioneering some of the world’s most impactful multi-screen experiences. We enable video businesses of all shapes and sizes to continuously grow, evolve, and innovate their offerings across regions, platforms, and devices. We leverage our long standing experience and solid focus on innovation to create premium video experiences for best-in-class organizations including Peloton, Netflix, Sportsnet, and CNN.
Accedo was founded in 2004 and today has over 600 employees in 16 offices across the world.
At Accedo, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusiveness where employees are both valued and heard. Inclusion also means having diverse representation in gender, race, sex, thought, and other personal characteristics to contribute towards the betterment of our commerce and people. We strongly encourage applications from diverse communities to contribute towards our commitment of inclusivity.
If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let the recruiter know when contacted for an interview.