Quality Assurance Engineer
About The Position
Do you love watching movies and TV? Are you passionate about technology and find yourself tinkering with gadgets? Do you enjoy playing video games or are you that person who loves getting the latest smartphone every year? Do people often say you are too picky? If so, WE WANT YOU!!
Who are we?
We are Accedo and we have more than fifteen years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe. We design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across Smart TVs, gaming consoles, Set-Top Boxes, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Web, Smartphones, tablets and more.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, Hong Kong, Toronto, Guadalajara and more. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, like Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO, and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few.
At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gain exposure to the latest technologies and work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry.
What is Accedo looking for?
Accedo is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join its growing software Quality Assurance Engineering team in Toronto, Ontario.
What is the objective of the role?
Primarily responsible for testing streaming apps on various devices (phones, tablets, smart TVs and set-top boxes) and platforms. Testing will range from validation of the user interface to low-level validation of media streaming and broadcast technologies.
You will play a key role in ensuring the quality of media applications and games being developed for world-famous brands. The role will involve a close relationship with software development teams.
- Defining QA initiatives throughout the entire software life cycle.
- Provide appropriate planning and execution in regression testing, performance testing, integration testing, and another non-functional testing to ensure successful application deployment
- Designing and executing test plans, cases and automation scripts
- Collaborate in a cross-function delivery team to ensure that all aspects of quality are actively discussed and addressed during the delivery process
- Work with clients to help resolve issues around quality
- Updating and maintaining best QA procedures and standards, including test planning, test data preparation, and test automation
- Work closely with developers, Business Analyst, Project manager, and Product Owners.
- Define the test strategy, automation strategy and write test scripts and to automate testing of UI and API
- Provide input to the QA Manager/Team lead for all QA related activities and dependencies
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or related discipline. Preference will be given to Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree holders
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Software Quality Assurance; 2+ years of experience in test automation
- Strong knowledge of software Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies
- Strong experience in planning QA activities without guidance (self-sufficient)
- Experience testing with media streaming devices and preparing the devices to be tested (load apps directly into the device, configure devices, manage APK files, etc)
- Experience with clear and good reporting
- Self-motivated, passionate, responsible and a good team player
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills
- Excellent communicator, detail-oriented and quality-focused
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of streaming technology is a plus