About The Position
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment in one of the fastest evolving industries there is?
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and working with some of the largest global media brands such as Netflix, Spotify, and HBO. You will help transform requirements and designs into high performing, feature-rich applications on a wide variety of platforms and devices, ultimately improving the end user experience for millions of video viewers around the world.
We offer a truly inspiring and flexible work environment where you will be empowered to follow your passion, to see possibilities, and to continuously learn and grow. Not to mention, a top-class benefits program and one of the friendliest teams on the globe!
About the Role:
Accedo is looking for a talented Solutions Architect to join its growing Professional Services team in Toronto, Canada. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of platforms and devices.
Objective of the role:
As a Solutions architect, you will participate in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, including assessment and optimization of system design components and review of user requirements. You will develop prototypes and work with Customers, Project Managers, Developers and QA Team as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes to guide them on best practices and technical optimizations. May lead multiple projects with competing deadlines. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
In this role, you will (amongst other things):
- Build deep relationships with customers to become a trusted advisor for their streaming solutions
- Design solutions which meet the business requirements and be used for reference by software developers
- Assist in Build vs Buy decisions
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment to various streaming devices, cloud and digital stores
- Create Proof of Concepts to validate feasibility of solutions on various backend (public cloud) and/or frontend (mobile/Web/STB/SmartTVs)
- Evaluate different tools and techniques to create a common ground on which developers work and perform daily tasks
- Define, implement and audit technical standards for software developers, including coding guidelines and best practices
- Ensure features adhere to regulatory and certification requirements defined by the industry, governing bodies, and OEMs (Google, Apple, Samsung, Roku, LG, Amazon, etc.).
- Review team estimations and technical descriptions
- Collaborate and work efficiently with globally distributed teams
- Participate, engage as a thought leader, and chair technical workshops both internally and with customers
- 5+ years of experience architecting solutions that have been successfully deployed on cloud and/or devices (mobile/web).
- Familiarity with Microservices and/or event based architecture.
- Experience architecting for public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Excellent technical solution design and documentation skills, defining sequence diagrams, UI/API mapping, mapping use cases, and related UML tools.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline.
- Understanding of the OTT ecosystem, including global CDN, DRM, encoding, ad solutions, and analytics providers, as well as DRM technologies and multi-DRM strategies is a plus
- Practical experience working in Agile delivery environments with exposure to CI and TDD.
- Strong quality focus from a UI, functional and performance perspective.
- Excellent English communication skills, with the ability to lead customer/partner meetings and workshops at an international level.
- Strong communication, time management and coaching skills with proven experience leading a team.
- Experienced in presenting design and architecture to stakeholders and developers
If it sounds like we've developed your interests, we'd love to meet you!
Accedo is a global video solutions provider, pioneering some of the world’s most impactful multi-screen experiences. We enable video businesses of all shapes and sizes to continuously grow, evolve, and innovate their offerings across regions, platforms, and devices. We leverage our long standing experience and solid focus on innovation to create premium video experiences for best-in-class organizations including Peloton, Netflix, Sportsnet, and CNN.
Accedo was founded in 2004 and today has over 600 employees in 16 offices across the world.
At Accedo, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusiveness where employees are both valued and heard. Inclusion also means having diverse representation in gender, race, sex, thought, and other personal characteristics to contribute towards the betterment of our commerce and people. We strongly encourage applications from diverse communities to contribute towards our commitment of inclusivity.
If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let the recruiter know when contacted for an interview.