Software Engineer - Android
About The Position
Who are we?
We're Accedo, an award-winning global video solutions provider delivering premium video experiences to millions of people around the globe. We’ve partnered with some of the world’s leading media companies, like HBO, CNN, and Sportsnet to design, deliver and manage the next-generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices. Our teams support customers at every stage of the video business journey, from strategy and design, and implementation.
Accedo’s DNA is rooted in diversity, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Toronto, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
We’re operating in a hybrid work model which allows the flexibility for our teams to deliver their best in one of our amazing offices or wherever they may call home.
About The Team & Role
Accedo is looking for talented Android Developers to join its growing Professional Services team in Toronto. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high-performing feature-rich applications on a wide variety of web-based platforms and devices.
Primarily software development of Android and other front-end device applications. You will work on applications for world-famous brands from the idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis, and testing support. The role can involve a close relationship with Accedo’s overseas offices.
- Do you keep on top of all things Google and enjoy reading blogs and articles regarding the world of Android development?
- Do you like to work efficiently, in an ordered way using software development methodologies?
- Are you good at providing accurate estimates and delivering successful results at the end of each development cycle?
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT, or related discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience developing native Android applications
- Strong Kotlin development experience with an Android project (or several!) in the app store.
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and love technical challenges.
- Development experience with Java can be an asset.
- Good experience with Android SDK, AndroidStudio, and modern Developer Tools
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party APIs and Libraries highly desirable
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Good understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities, and constraints
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
We know you are more than your resume and we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still strongly encourage you to apply.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% Company paid Health and Dental Benefits from day one
- RRSP Matching Program
- Personal Days
- Unlimited Paid Sick Days
- Health Spending / Personal Wellness Account
- Learning and Development reimbursements
- Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Epic company events & socials, both virtual and in-person
Our Commitment To Diversity
At Accedo, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusiveness where employees are both valued and heard. Inclusion also means having diverse representation in gender, race, sex, thought, and other personal characteristics to contribute towards the betterment of our commerce and people. We strongly encourage applications from diverse communities to contribute towards our commitment of inclusivity.
If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let the recruiter know when contacted for an interview.
Any offers of employment with Accedo are conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.