Software Engineer (IOS)
About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space is growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets.
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, e.g. Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Working in a highly collaborative and international environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Accedo is looking for a talented Software Engineer (iOS) to join its growing Engineering team in Toronto, Canada. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gain exposure to cutting edge technologies and can work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing and feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices. This is an exciting entry-level position for a detail-oriented person who is passionate about technology. If this sounds like you, we want you to apply!
Objective of role
This role is responsible for software development of iOS and other front end device applications. You will work on applications for world famous brands from idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support for clients across the North America region, primarily based in Canada and the US.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining iOS and other front end applications as directed by management
- Responsible for following coding best practices and properly commenting code during development
- Customer configurations and installations
- Communication with customer technical contacts regarding development projects, including Consumer Electronics and Media Companies located in Asia, US and Europe as required
- Development and local adaptation of applications such as casual gaming, social media services and web TV services
- Quality Assurance testing and deployment of new services
- Liaising with Accedo’s vendor partners to set up and manage IPTV / Connected TV systems
- Research and study new TV platforms as they come to market, including reviewing documentation and making recommendations for new applications and adapting existing applications
- Customer support activities for launched applications
- Other projects may be assigned at times, depending on the requirements of the business
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 3-5 years’ professional experience developing native iOS applications
- Extensive hands-on development experience using Objective-C, SWIFT
- Good working knowledge of iOS SDK, Eclipse/ Xcode and modern Developer Tools
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and Libraries highly desirable
- Good understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities and constraints
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
- Good command in English