Senior Project Manager
About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space is growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets.
Accedo drives innovation in media app solutions for TV operators, TV networks and online video distributors. We combine inspiring design with technology to build next generation over-the-top (OTT) and TV Everywhere apps for some of the biggest names in media and entertainment. Our customers come back to us for our engineering expertise, and commitment to shaping the best possible entertainment experiences across all platforms including Web, iOS, tvOS, Android, Windows, Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, Amazon, Smart TV’s & more.
About the role
Reporting to the VP of Delivery and Operations, you’ll be working with passionate, roll-up-your-sleeves, talented people to develop innovative client-facing solutions. Each experience we create on mobile and connected TV devices demands a superior design and usability experience. We work on some of the most pristine, high-end projects for some of the most well-known brands in Canada and the US, such as Microsoft, Google, Disney, Bell and Rogers and Univision. Our fun and dynamic team makes for a relaxed, easy-going environment in which people can enjoy themselves while watching their ideas turn to reality; adding up to limitless professional and personal growth.
- Do you get excited when you’re able to help bring product dreams from inception to a reality?
- Are you excited to face new, fast-paced, and complex challenges that push you to innovate and improve?
- Are you passionate about Agile software development delivery and improving the overall efficiency and dynamics of a team?
If so, then this is the team you want to join!
What you will do
- Manage and deliver TV Everywhere and Over-the-top media based projects through Agile software development principles, patterns and practices
- Accountable for the execution, management and quality control of projects from start to completion (delivered on schedule and within budget, positively contributing to the overall PMO portfolio of projects)
- Develop plans, schedules and controls project activities toward defined scope and objectives, applying creative thinking, technical and project management skills to satisfy project requirements
- Create and maintain a project estimates, schedule (work-back schedules), which defines activities, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration and associated resource requirements
- Accountable for the execution, management and quality control of projects from brief to completion on schedule and within defined budget
- As needed, make recommendations to the clients concerning processes, new technology and budget implications on projects
- Promote and monitor quality of service among the team through training and by acting as a positive role model
- Ensures the use of best practices and applies lessons learned from previous projects
- Manage and identify high-level possible project risks, change management and project reconciliations
- Develops relationships with, and ensures the appropriate participation of, key client stakeholders and client executives
- Participates in client meetings and presentations if and when required with the Account Team
- Manage, negotiate and support outside supplier deliverables and relationship
- Maintains awareness of the current industry environment and technology that shapes opportunities for client solutions
- Project management approach of driving products versus passive reporting. Results oriented personality. Fast-paced, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to organize and motivate large cross-functional teams, control conflicting interests between teams and lead to compromise and solutions
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience developing and managing software within an Agile environment - promoting iterative and incremental software development techniques
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with ability to manage small to very large projects with a focus on details and efficient execution
- Project Management Certification desired but not required
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional product teams within budgetary and schedule constraints
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple third-party vendors
- Demonstrated experience managing external and internal clients
- Knowledge of Project Management principles, methods and techniques
- Knowledge of software/internet development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Business Management principles, methods and techniques
- Ability to strategically and tactically organize and structure activities, paying particular attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple planned and unplanned projects, roles and responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, argumentation, presentation and conflict resolution
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of decision-making and problem-solving techniques to facilitate effective project and organizational leadership
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Visio
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Demonstrated work ethic, integrity and professional conduct