About The Position
Creating simple, elegant, and intuitive interfaces may be standard fare for you – but can you achieve this for large-scale, complex, and function-heavy product systems? Able to transpose designs across multiple devices and form factors? We are hiring for a high-profile client at the forefront of its industry. This is a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension.
The Senior UI Designer we’re seeking will find solutions that can span web, mobile, TV, wearables, and proprietary platforms. The work is focused on visual interactive interface design: how users interact with devices, how users process information, how the products look and feel. The work includes pixel-perfect designs that are consistent and systematic. It’s a demanding role that requires organization, self-motivation, openness to feedback and critique, and exceptional collaborative and communication skills.
What you stand to gain: The client is at the apex of its industry and you will work alongside an exceptional team of high-calibre designers. You will have a chance to do work that is innovative, transformative, and substantive.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the company’s product UI styles, patterns, and standardized elements and interactions.
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or other data points.
- Build multiple variants of comps for user testing.
- Provide prototypes or other deliverables to describe interactions and motion.
- Execute final pixel-perfect UI designs and package, spec, and prep for engineering.
- Obsessively QA developed software for visual perfection, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions.
- Maintain design systems and libraries in conjunction with the wider product UI design team to ensure product-wide visual consistency.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the UX designer and product manager on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in UI design for consumer-focused digital products.
- Experience on multiple platforms including Android, iOS, TV, and web – with an understanding of the differences and similarities or each.
- Experience in prototyping UI interactivity and incorporating motion/animation.
- Strong understanding of the tools and technologies involved in designing and building interactive software experiences. This includes proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design and prototyping tools.
- Can demonstrate meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems and consistently capture edge cases.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Can produce clear and descriptive documentation.
Additional relevant experiences
- Experience designing for native consumer-facing apps; interactive game or content experiences; larger touch screens and/or TV interfaces; integrated hardware products.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience building element-based UI design library and style guide.
- Experience creating iconography systems.
How to Apply
- You will be asked for a CV and a portfolio.
- You can also upload a cover letter if you choose.