Quality Assurance Engineer (Manual)
About The Position
Position: Quality Assurance Engineer (Manual)
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Contract (5 mo.)
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
Accedo is looking for a talented and experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to support our team based in Toronto. This opportunity is a 5-month contract role to start, with a possibility for extension in the future. At Accedo you will be part of a multicultural and multi-disciplined design team delivering feature-rich design and innovative user experiences for smartphones and tablets, Smart TV’s, gaming consoles, VR and other media devices, focussing on video consumption platforms.
The work environment is unique and challenging, giving you the chance to evolve your skill set whilst working with new technologies and exciting customers like Bell Media, Sportsnet, and Peloton. We strongly believe in career development and work in a forward-thinking, agile environment that is based on collaboration, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement.
Objective of role: Responsible for testing streaming apps on various devices (phones, tablets, smart TVs and set-top boxes) and platforms. You will play a key role in ensuring the quality of media applications and games being developed for world-famous brands. The role will involve a close relationship with software development teams.
- Provide appropriate planning and execution in regression testing, performance testing, integration testing, and another non-functional testing to ensure successful application deployment
- Execute test plans and test cases, provide timely updates and reports
- Collaborate in a cross-function delivery team to ensure that all aspects of quality are actively discussed and addressed during the delivery process
- Work closely with clients and project team to help convey issues around quality and build a relationship surrounding QA on the respective project
- Update and maintain best QA procedures and standards, including test planning and test data preparation
- Provide mentorship to new employees
- Provide input to the QA Manager/Team Lead for all QA related activities and dependencies
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Software Quality Assurance
- Strong knowledge of software Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies
- Strong experience in planning QA activities without guidance (self-sufficient)
- Hands on experience in OTT platforms and devices
- Hands on experience in tools like ADB, XCode, Charles proxy
- Experience in creating test plans and good reporting skill
- Excellent debugging, analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills
- Self-motivated, passionate, responsible and a good team player
- Excellent communicator, detail-oriented and quality-focused
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in a client-facing professional setting
Nice to Haves:
- Experience as a test lead