QA Engineer (Automation - Kotlin/Espresso)
About The Position
Position: QA Engineer (Automation - Kotlin/Espresso)
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Full time or Contract (6 months)
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
Accedo is looking for a talented QA Engineer to support our team based in North America. At Accedo you will be part of a multicultural and multi-disciplined design team delivering feature-rich design and innovative user experiences for smartphones and tablets, Smart TV’s, gaming consoles, VR and other media devices, focussing on video consumption platforms.
The work environment is unique and challenging, giving you the chance to evolve your skill set whilst working with new technologies and existing customers. We strongly believe in career development and work in a forward-thinking, agile environment that is based on collaboration, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement.
Objective of role: Responsible for designing and implementing automated test scripts for Android platforms, using Kotlin and Espresso. You will play a key role in ensuring the quality of media applications being developed for world-famous brands. The role will involve a close relationship with software development teams.
- Provide appropriate planning and execution in test automation on dedicated platforms to ensure successful application deployment
- Define the automation strategy and implement test scripts for UI/functional test
- Execute test plans and automation scripts
- Collaborate in a cross-function delivery team to ensure that all aspects of quality are actively discussed and addressed during the delivery process
- Work closely with clients and project team to help convey issues around quality and build a relationship surrounding QA on the respective project
- Update and maintain best QA procedures and standards, including test planning, test data preparation, and test automation
- Provide input to the QA Manager/Team Lead for all QA related activities and dependencies
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or related discipline. Preference will be given to Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree holders
- Completed projects or classes focused on data structures and algorithms
- Experience programming in Kotlin or Espresso
- 3+ years of experience in the field of Software Quality Assurance and Test automation
- Experience interacting with REST API for test data setup or testing
- Experience working in a CI environment
- Solid understanding of object-oriented concepts
- Solid understanding of GIT
- Able to accomplish engineering tasks independently
- Excellent debugging, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, passionate, responsible and a good team player
- Excellent communicator, detail-oriented and quality-focused
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in a client-facing professional setting
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in OTT industry
- Knowledge of streaming technology is a plus
- Knowledge of Software Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies
- Android application development experience in Espresso, and/or Kotlin.
- Experience in web applications, mobile applications, and multi-tiered systems.
- Ability to select and implement an algorithm, using appropriate data structures to efficiently solve a problem; interpreting algorithms and contributing ideas to their development.
- Effective object-oriented skills