Senior UX Designer
About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space is growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets.
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, e.g. Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Working in a highly collaborative and international environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Accedo is looking for a talented and experienced Senior UX Designer to support our team based in Toronto, but can work remotely from anywhere in Canada. At Accedo you will be part of a multicultural and multi-disciplined design team delivering feature-rich design and innovative user experiences for smartphones and tablets, Smart TV’s, gaming consoles, VR and other media devices, focussing on video consumption platforms.
The work environment is unique and challenging, giving you the chance to evolve your skill set whilst working with new technologies and exciting customers like Bell Media, Sportsnet, and Peloton. We strongly believe in career development and work in a forward-thinking, agile environment that is based on collaboration, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement.
Objective of role: You will work on applications for world famous brands from idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, concept ideation and design. The role will involve a close relationship with all Accedo’s NAM-based professional services teams, including Delivery, Engineering, and QA.
- Execute all aspects of User Experience design, including research, analysis, IA, wireframing, prototyping, usability testing, focus groups, workshops & stakeholder sessions
- Design for iOS, Android, Smart TV, STB, Windows, Mac, Web, game consoles, and other media devices
- Communicate design decisions both internally and with clients, build trust between clients and design team
- Be experienced in UX and UI, with capability in other methodologies within HCD/UCD such as service design being highly regarded
- Facilitate & drive customer workshops (before, during and after project completion)
- Facilitate & drive usability testing sessions both formal and informal (guerrilla, A/B testing, surveys, eye tracking)
- Research and develop new user experience/user interface ideas, particularly for video consumption platforms
- Provide UX & design recommendations based on analytics, customer feedback and best practices to our clients
- Advocate for UX among clients, partners and internal teams (project managers, sales teams) to share our vision and goals
- Work closely with other designers to fulfil project requirements & day to day tasks
- Work closely with developers to understand technical requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in UX/UI Design, mobile & web, (agency experience preferred)
- Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator is mandatory
- Knowledge in prototyping tools such as InVision, Zeplin
- Knowledge in wireframing tools such as Axure, Figma, Omnigraffle
- Knowledge of Visual Design principles and best practices
- Knowledge & experience facilitating customer workshops
- Knowledge & experience facilitating usability testing
- Knowledge of platform capabilities & restrictions
- Exceptional ability to communicate design decisions both internally and with clients
- Great communication skills in English, both oral and written, a second language is an asset