Software Engineer - Web
About The Position
Accedo - Transforming the Video Experience
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to compete better. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world's leading video service providers, such as Sky TV NZ, Vodafone NZ, Spark, TVNZ, Fox, HBO, NBC Universal, StarHub, among many others.
What we are looking for
Accedo is looking for Front-end Web Developers to join its growing Professional Services team in Auckland. Your job requirement will be to develop and test Smart TV and Web applications. You will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team and have the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry.
- You will play a key role in designing, building and maintaining large-scale, high availability Smart TV, Console and Web applications for various platforms.
- Ensure development best practices are followed (Clean Code, Clean Architecture, code reviews).
- Actively communicate with the project managers, team members, and clients.
Skills and Experience
- Strong Web development experience, with a unique Web project (or several) delivery;
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes;
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them;
- Ability to adapt capabilities to cross-platform technologies such as Mobile react native;
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline, or comparable experience;
- 2-5 years' work experience in a similar capacity;
- Good knowledge of performance and memory optimisations, proficient usage of the tools available in SDK's and excellent debugging skills for the platforms in question;
- Proficient with source code management (Git/Bitbucket/GitHub);
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, e.g. Scrum, TDD;
- Understanding of VOD, live streaming, and DRM, as well as experience in the TV industry (IPTV, Connected TV), is a plus;
- Good communications skills in English;
- Proficiency in CI/CD concepts like Build Automation, Automated Quality Gates and Automated Deployments;
- AWS experience is beneficial;
- Interest in learning new platforms and new technologies is a plus.
Only those candidates who are a New Zealand / Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a working visa for Australia, valid for at least the next 2 years, will be considered for this role. Accedo will not offer any VISA support / Sponsorship for this role.