Software Engineer - Solutions
About The Position
Accedo - Transforming the Video Experience
Accedo develops applications and full stack solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry for the world's leading video service providers, providing a range of exciting challenges for our Engineering, Design, QA and Solution Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to compete better.
Headquartered in Stockholm, we have 16 other offices across the globe whereas you will be in a truly global working environment. As our industry continues to evolve, so do we. We have recently created a new Solutions function in Asia-Pacific, that will spearhead a new wave of solutions that meet the needs of our APAC clients. From technical feasibility through to Proof of Concepts, across multiple platforms/devices across both client and middleware. We will investigate new relevant technologies and create innovative solutions, solving tomorrow’s problems today.
No one day will be the same, we will look at different technologies, programming languages, architectures and frameworks. As a small team we need to be able to adapt quickly, remain ultra flexible, learn as we go, show initiative and thrive on change!
As a Software Engineer in the Solutions Function, you will be responsible for investigating the technical feasibility of new Solution ideas, developing and creating Proof of Concepts for demonstrations to clients, and on-going development of existing Solutions. You will be a contributor to the Sales team, ensuring that they are prepared with working demos and relevant subject matter information.
What we need from you
- Proficient knowledge of web architecture concepts including HTTP & REST and experience of Design and Architectural patterns and know when to apply them
- Solid experience in React / Preact required, and knowledge of Node.js, webpack, Babel and build process.
- Experience with a few core AWS services e.g. S3, EC2, Lambda
- Experience with continuous integration and/or automated testing frameworks
- Experience contributing to technical discussions and providing solid opinions/rationale for your decisions.
- Strong communication skills, not afraid to ask for help and bounce ideas off peers
- A strong problem solver with out of the box thinking, you will be self-motivated to find answers
The highly desirable list
- Knowledge of GraphQL and some popular frameworks e.g. Apollo
- Swift and/or Kotlin experience
- AWS Developer or Solutions Architect Certification
Only those candidates who are a New Zealand / Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a working visa for New Zealand, valid for at least the next 2 years, will be considered for this role. Accedo will not offer any VISA support / Sponsorship for this role.