Associate Solutions Architect
About The Position
Accedo - Transforming the Video Experience
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to compete better. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Sky TV NZ, Vodafone NZ, Spark, TVNZ, Fox, HBO, NBC Universal, StarHub, among many others.
What we are looking for
Accedo is looking for a talented Associate Solutions Architect to join its growing team in Auckland. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will be part of delivery teams engaged in designing and implementing high-performing, feature-rich applications on a variety of platforms and devices.
The objective of role:
- You will be the technical authority on the project, leading design, development, and implementation.
- You will be assessing components and optimization of system design to ensure user requirements are met.
- You will contribute to and validate the technical and operational feasibility of solutions.
- You will be involved in devising prototypes and work with Customers, Project Managers, Engineers, and QA as appropriate throughout development and implementation.
- Responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end OTT TV solutions for the customers.
- Responsible for translating customer needs and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals.
- Scope, define and design solution offerings;
- Driving end-to-end technical solutions especially for OTT;
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis;
- Develop technical presentations, proposals and perform customer presentations;
- Lead project team to deliver solutions;
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing;
- Stay abreast of new technology/technical areas and share information about the solution to enable customer competence to build;
- Evaluate tools and technologies to devise best practices and increase efficiencies;
- Prepare architectural designs to be presented to customers and used as a reference by Engineers;
- Ensure features adhere to regulatory and certification requirements defined by the industry, governing bodies, and OEMs (Samsung, LG, Amazon, Google, Apple, etc.);
- Participate, engage as a thought leader and chair technical workshops both internally and with customers.
Only those candidates who are a New Zealand / Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a working visa for New Zealand, valid for at least the next 2 years, will be considered for this role. Accedo will not offer any VISA support / Sponsorship for this role.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT, or related discipline;
- Strong knowledge and experience on front-end and back-end technologies;
- Programming experience in backend services;
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructures, AWS, Google Cloud or Azure certification preferred;
- Understanding of the Media, PayTV, and Operator market segments along with providers in the ecosystem is a plus;
- Solid engineering background with 1+ years experience architecting end-to-end solutions;
- Understanding of the OTT ecosystem, including global CDN, encoding, ad solutions, and analytics providers, as well as DRM technologies and multi-DRM strategies;
- Excellent working knowledge of modern software frameworks and developer tools;
- Practical experience working in Agile delivery environments with exposure to CI and TDD;
- Strong quality focus from a UI, functional, and performance perspective with proven experience building and testing scalable solutions;
- Excellent technical solution design and documentation skills, utilising sequence diagrams, mapping use cases, and related UML tools;
- Exemplary English communication and facilitation skills, with the ability to lead customer/partner meetings and workshops.