Senior Software Engineer - Web
About The Position
Accedo - Transforming the Video Experience
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and compete better. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world's leading video service providers, such as SBS On Demand, ABC iView, 7Plus, Foxtel, Telstra, HBO, NBC Universal, StarHub, among many others.
What we are looking for
Accedo is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer (Web) to join its growing Professional Services team in Sydney. At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and can work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing and feature-rich applications on a wide variety of web-based platforms and devices.
Objective of role
Primarily software development of front end applications using web technologies. You will develop and test Smart TV and Web applications from the idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale.
- Ability to context switch between different code sources and identify issues quickly and effectively across all the technology stacks.
- A positive attitude to adapt to different work environments could be internal or externally facing.
- Build strong relationships with Accedo partners and clients.
- Create engagement within the engineering team, recommending and facilitating training to other members of the engineering team.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with clients; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Either strong OOP or Functional Programming and modelling skills
- 4+ years professional experience in professional web development
- Experience coding, testing and documenting in technologies such as Drupal – including all front end functionality and templates – and modules – using contributed modules and developing custom modules as needed.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience communicating with stakeholders, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines.
- Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
- Experience in developing backend stacks such as NodeJS, Go, or Java is a plus.
- Experience in cloud solutions on AWS, GCP or Azure is a plus
Only those candidates who are an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a working visa for Australia, valid for at least the next 2 years, will be considered for this role. Accedo will not offer any VISA support / Sponsorship for this role.