Software Engineer - iOS
About The Position
Accedo - Transforming the Video Experience
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to compete better. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Sky TV NZ, Vodafone NZ, Spark, TVNZ, Fox, HBO, NBC Universal, StarHub, among many others.
What we are looking for
Accedo is looking for talented iOS Developers / Engineers to join its growing Professional Services team in Auckland. Your job requirement will be to architect, develop and test Smart TV application. You will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team and have the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry.
The objective of the role: Primarily software development of iOS and other front end devices applications. You will work on applications for world-famous brands from the idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support. The position can involve a close relationship with Accedo’s overseas offices.
Only those candidates who are a New Zealand / Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a working visa for New Zealand, valid for at least the next 2 years, will be considered for this role. Accedo will not offer any VISA support / Sponsorship for this role.
- Minimum of 3 years of development experience with iOS applications.
- Proficient in Swift
- Familiarity with agile development practices.
- Experience working with Git version control in a collaborative team environment, creating pull requests and performing code reviews.
- Ability to work in various team sizes that could scale anywhere from working solo to a team of ten plus developers across various disciplines
- Deep understanding of UIKit, Foundation, and other core iOS frameworks
- Contributed to at least one application on the Apple AppStore
Nice to Haves
- Ability to reference Apple HIG and iOS best practices
- Able to maintain and refactor existing codebases to best practices and new technologies
- Understanding of network frameworks as well as third parties such as Alamofire
- Decision-making skills and understanding tradeoffs when choosing to use third-party libraries
- Experience with Fastlane and Continuous Integration
- Leading design patterns, architecture and the development of iOS applications
- Communicate technical limitations and roadblocks to your team
- Assisting the client support team using your technical background
- Able to assess feasibility, difficulty, and provide time estimates on implementing new features to an application
- Work with backend developers to integrate and consume restful API’s