About The Position
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets, and for customers such as Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Objective of the role
- You will play a key role in designing, building and maintaining large-scale, high availability front-end applications and owning the related platform infrastructure (e.g AWS services, build pipelines, automated testing, etc).
- You will also be responsible for promoting a sound engineering culture through hands-on development, code reviews, contributing to the improvement of the application architecture and enhancing engineering processes
- Are you passionate about Agile development process and improving the efficiency of the software development process?
- If so, then this is the team you want to join. We care about software craftsmanship, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it!
Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of software development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
- Strong experience and knowledge of architectural patterns and know when to apply them
- A solid understanding of responsive application design and implementation
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers; ability to communicate seamlessly with engineers, operation teams, and designers
What we offer
You will join a team which embraces a product development mindset, where we chose the good solution over the quick one. In this role you will be working in an environment for learning application development for Smart TVs (embracing the mindset of highly optimised code to make sure the best performance is delivered on low-end hardware). Also you will be exposed to cloud technologies (AWS) in an agile environment in a culture of shared responsibility, where your thoughts are highly valued and you truly can make an impact.
Other than that we offer competitive salary and benefits, flexible work from home opportunities and a yearly training budget (which can be spent on IT conferences or online trainings)
What defines Accedo
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You will work in a dynamic and innovative organisation alongside the smartest and most dedicated people in the industry.
- Multicultural offices: You will be part of a truly inclusive and diverse environment, with employees from all over the world. We are proud of being an equal opportunity employer.
- Learning opportunities: You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues worldwide.
- Friendly environment: You will collaborate tightly with colleagues and make many friends beyond the professional context.
Please be informed that we are operating with limited staffing over the months of July and August on account of the summer break. Therefore please do expect a delay in our response. We expect to be able to start screening applications in mid August
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline (not a must)
- 3-5 years professional experience developing React.js / Node.js -based web applications
- Proficient in English, any other language is a plus
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
- Experience in Video and media based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is beneficial
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and libraries highly desirable
- Experience in using cloud service providers (e.g.: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) is a plus
- Experience in other tech stacks is also beneficial (mobile, Java, go, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus