About The Position
About the team
The Product team at Accedo has a mission to create a scalable platform for building impactful video applications. With Accedo One, our award-winning product, our customers are able to set up their own video streaming apps, without any additional development. We are passionate about making advanced functionality easily accessible to our customers by innovative user experiences.
We’re now looking for a Product Designer to join our growing team. As a Product Designer, you will be part of the Product Management team and will work closely with our existing UI/UX designers as well as our Product Owners. Due to Covid-19 and the associated impossibility for relocations, for now we can only accept applicants who hold a valid work permit or are eligible to work in Sweden.
What you will do
As a Product Designer, you will play a key role in conceptualizing, planning, designing products that will be used by some of the most distinguished media brands in the world. You will craft products from existing ideas and develop new ideas based on your market research, industry experiences, and the product vision.
Your work will be focused on Accedo One, our platform to grow and transform video experiences. Accedo One comprises cloud management products and app development products. You will work with our colleagues mainly in Sweden and Hungary, to initiate and drive cohesive design strategies, including admin panel design and multi-platform app designs (across Desktop, Mobile, Tablet, TV). Accedo One and its products are used every day by customers and developers around the world. Millions of users every day are enjoying video apps configured through Accedo One.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Designing intuitive, innovative and delightful user experiences for our back-office admin panel products and video app templates and design
- Working collaboratively within the Agile process with other UX designers, product owners and developers
- Creating user flows, personas, user stories and combine them into directive guidelines to other designers and developers
- Creating hands-on UI
- Leveraging data/analytics, as available, to make decisions
- Developing a deep understanding of the Accedo’s customers and their needs
What we are looking for
- Excellent communication skills and being fluent in English
- Experience with app design for Android, Apple and Web
- Have a positive attitude, is self-motivated and able to multitask
- Knowledge of Figma or similar tools
- Ability to learn new tools and guidelines quickly
- Enjoy keeping up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience in user research is a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Yearly training budget (which can be spent on conferences or online training)
- Nice, spacious downtown office in the hip neighbourhood of Södermalm
- Flexible home office options
- Opportunity to participate in Hackathons and a range of company events
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smartphones and tablets, and for customers such as Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, Budapest, London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others. Our global team is exceptionally talented, dedicated and fun! Sounds interesting? Come join our family and become a fellow Accedonian!