Be part of something big
Senior Software Engineer (Global Solutions - Cloud Team)
About The Position
Accedo is a global video solutions provider, pioneering some of the world’s most impactful multi-screen experiences. We enable video businesses of all shapes and sizes to continuously grow, evolve, and innovate their offerings across regions, platforms, and devices. We leverage our long standing experience and focus on innovation to create premium and engaging video experiences.
Within Accedo, Global Solutions is a team of highly motivated experts with domain knowledge in PayTV/Broadcast, OTT, and Cloud. We're looking for a skilled Senior Software Engineer to join the Global Solutions function. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, leveraging cutting edge technologies and working with well recognized global brands. The role involves working in a highly collaborative environment, interacting and providing guidance and thought leadership to internal and external stakeholders, formulating and implementing new solutions, driving the creation of prototypes, and further evolution of existing solutions.
About the position
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will strengthen our Global Solutions team and contribute towards accelerating the work on our cloud platform, which encompasses back-end services, systems, and infrastructure that power our cloud solutions.
Back-end services are primarily Java-based and cloud-native. We believe in a DevOps mindset, which for us means that we take full responsibility for developing and running the stack -- 'we build it and we run it'. You will play a key role in designing, building, and maintaining large-scale, high availability back-end services, and own the platform infrastructure including managing cloud resources, build pipelines, and more. You will also be responsible for promoting a sound engineering culture through active technical leadership and hands-on development.
What we are looking for
For this particular role, we're looking for candidates who have extensive experience with Java and running services at scale, built on top of a Public Cloud (preferably AWS). You should also have:
- Deep knowledge of Java and Java-related technologies
- Experience building secure and reliable high-concurrency systems with very strict high-availability and low-latency requirements
- Experience building systems running on top of AWS and utilizing a variety of cloud resources
- Solid application performance tuning experience
- Strong system / service development experience
- Solid understanding of engineering methodologies, practices, and tools
- Experience with a wide variety of back-end technologies, databases, and architecture, including their benefits and trade-offs
- Experience integrating open source and 3rd party APIs and libraries
- Ability to communicate clearly in English with technical and non-technical teammates
- Proven experience with live debugging and incident resolution
Does this sound like it's up your alley? Let's have a chat.
At Accedo, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusiveness where employees are both valued and heard. Inclusion also means having diverse representation in gender, race, sex, thought, and other personal characteristics to contribute towards the betterment of our commerce and people. We strongly encourage applications from diverse communities to contribute towards our commitment of inclusivity.