Senior iOS Engineer
About The Position
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetize video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to better compete. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Paramount, NBC Universal, Deutsche Telekom, among many others.
Accedo is looking for a talented Senior iOS Developer/Engineer to join its growing Engineering team in Stockholm. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich video streaming applications on a wide variety of platforms and devices.
Objective of the role
Primarily software development of iOS / tvOS video streaming applications, from idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support. The role will involve a close relationship with other Accedo offices in Europe (Budapest, London, Madrid) and around the globe.
- Do you want to create best-in-class video streaming applications, together with talented colleagues in a friendly work environment?
- Do you keep on top of all things Apple and iOS/tvOS, and enjoy reading blogs and articles regarding the world of mobile development?
- Are you passionate about Agile development process and improving the efficiency of the software development process?
- If so, then this is the team you want to join. We care about software craftsmanship, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it!
Skills and Experience
- Strong Swift development experience with an impressive iOS project (or several!) in the AppStore
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them
- A solid understanding of mobile application design
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers
- Introduction call
- Technical test (45-60')
- Hiring Manager Interview (60')
- Technical Interview (60')
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent app development work experience
- 4+ years’ professional experience developing native iOS/tvOS applications
- Extensive hands-on development experience using Swift
- Extensive experience with XCode and modern dev tools
- Experience with tvOS, AirPlay, VR/AR is definitely a plus
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Good understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities and constraints
- Experience in other tech stacks is also beneficial (ReactNative, HTML/JS, Obj-C/Swift, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration/Distribution, Test Driven Development
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
- Experience in video and media based development projects (video players, DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is beneficial
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and libraries highly desirable
- Good command of English, any other language is a plus