Mid/Senior Sales Engineer
About The Position
As a Sales Engineer at Accedo you will assist the Sales team in creating technical and commercial proposals for current and potential new customers, using Accedo’s innovative and market-leading experience-centric video solutions.
Accedo’s Sales Engineers are customer-focused technical sales professionals, working within the Accedo Sales organisation. Responsible for defining and driving the pre-sales process of engaging with customers and prospects to understand their technical requirements, Sales Engineers also engage with internal Engineering, Product, Design, Quality Assurance, Delivery and Service Management teams, as well as external technology partners, to define the best technical solutions.
Sales Engineers also engage with the internal Sales and Marketing teams to define commercial offers, including pricing estimations, all with the objective of creating proposals, pitch decks, demos - so as to best position Accedo’s contribution to the customer value proposition.
You will benefit from working with, and learning from, our industry-leading experts at the forefront of cutting-edge multi-platform video application and middleware solution design and development, as well as working with a multitude of partners, customers and prospects.
This is a highly challenging and highly rewarding role for someone looking to take the next step in their career in the Online Video industry.
Accedo's mission is "Transforming the Video Experience":
- We provide B2B software video solutions for every device on a global scale
- Our innovative and product-driven solutions solve video experience transformation challenges
- Our global positioning allows us to adopt a local approach to our largest customers, as well as expose our global market to smaller customers
- We believe in diversity and our core values are Aspiration, Courage and Trust
- The ultimate result of our work is turning TV viewers into video lovers
Sales Engineer Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to the Sales team during the pre-sales process
- Support customers and prospects by engaging with them to review and understand their business needs, technology platforms, system architecture, technical constraints and compliance, integration points and overall technical requirements
- Engage with the Engineering, Product and other internal teams, together with technology partners, to review customer requirements, evaluate bid feasibility, and co-ordinate plans to deliver appropriate solution proposals with accurate estimates for delivery effort and cost
- Iterate through these processes with all parties to refine requirements, solutions and estimations, via emails, conference calls, onsite meetings and presentations, ensuring visibility and transparency
- Ensure appropriate internal approval is given for all technical and commercial aspects of each solution
- Help to create detailed, on-brand, accurate solution proposals, materials and demos for the Sales team; Sales Engineers are accountable for the technical validity of proposed solutions to the customer as well as to the project delivery teams
- Own and manage each step of the pre-sales process for each of your projects via an internal JIRA instance, documenting each phase accordingly
- Contribute new ideas, best practices and ways of working to the Sales Engineering team and higher Sales organisation
- Act as an interface between the Sales, Product & Delivery organizations, ensuring a constant flow of communication, so that everyone is as much as possible working to the same goals and any issues are quickly resolved
- Become an expert on all aspects of the company’s products and services, be able to discuss them on a technical level with customers and partners
- Be proactive in evaluating new industry initiatives, technologies, platforms and competitors
Your Skills and Personal Qualities
- Excellent Swedish & English skills, written and spoken, are a must
- In addition, written and spoken Spanish would be a major advantage, though not essential
- Your communication skills will be excellent, both verbal and written. You will enjoy and feel confident in creating and delivering presentations and demos to both technical and non-technical audiences, either in-person or virtually, all the way up to C-level.
- You will have a strong sense of self-motivation, responsibility and project ownership
- Your personal integrity and professionalism will be very important to you
- You will have excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise within multiple concurrent projects
- You will have excellent cross-group collaboration skills
- You will have an ability to to rapidly absorb and comprehend new technologies, products and services within the industry
- You will have a curiosity and interest in media, new video industry technologies and the transformation of the TV experience
- You will feel at home and thrive in a global multinational and multicultural environment
- You will have a minimum of 2-3 year’s professional experience in a customer-focused technical pre-sales business-to-business sales environment
- Experience of working in a similar or related role within the Online Video industry would be an advantage
- You will have experience of working within emerging, international technical or media businesses
- Experience of working in and around the development of front-end and middleware applications, especially within the industry, would be an advantage
- You will have demonstrable experience of presenting technical services and products to internal and external audiences
- You will have demonstrable experience of understanding and evaluating enterprise-level client architecture and 3rd-party solutions
- Education to degree level in Computer Science or a related discipline, or having relevant software development skills are advantageous but not essential.