Senior Operations Engineer
About The Position
Accedo is looking for a Operations Engineer in the DevOps Team who is excited by the prospect of architecting and implementing cloud based solutions for our clients. Our clients are the largest global media brands in the industry, including NBCU, Deutsche Telekom, Tata, Hallmark to name a few.
This is a new team and headcount to cope with our global expansion and you will take advantage of automation and continuous integration tools to make your life easier, and be responsible for the availability of infrastructure and services for flagship customers. Our services are almost exclusively deployed on Linux hosts running in AWS. You will design secure and fault-tolerant solutions coupled with efficient deployment pipelines.
You will get plenty of opportunity to learn new things and to share knowledge in a structured way as part of working in a global services & operations organization.
- Be the technical lead and infrastructure consultant and liaise with clients to understand and design the architecture of cloud based solutions to meet clients’ needs and expectation
- Be able to work on creating hosting standards with automation and cost effectiveness in mind
- Be able to work on large scale infrastructure with millions of concurrent users at any given time
- Be able to quickly resolve Production issues with the use of relevant monitoring tools and technical know-how of the tool
- Be able to find gaps in monitoring and set ups to avoid downtime and performance bottlenecks
- Be able to suggest more efficient ways of doing things (if applicable)
- Work on creating documentation both for internal stakeholders and clients, with the audience in mind
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (Delivery Managers, Engineers, Support, and QA) for implementing the best solutions for clients and define clear roadmaps and milestones
- Work closely with the Engineering Directors to define architecture standards, policies and processes, and governing methodologies on the aspect of (but not limited to) infrastructure, efficiency, security, and reliability
- Other projects may be assigned at times, depending on the requirements of the business
Must haves skills/requirements
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- Extensive experience with AWS. Other cloud service providers experience is desirable
- Vast knowledge of build tools and repository management like: NPM, Gradle etc
- Deep understanding of Git/Jenkins, with at least 5+ years of experience
- 10+ years’ professional experience in infrastructure / Linux administration / networking / client project implementations
- Experience with OpenShift and SonarQube
- Experience in server security management – security groups, web application firewalls, vulnerability, and penetration testing
- Ability to set realistic requirements and meet deadlines