QA Automation Engineer(Product)
About The Position
About the Team
Accedo is a great place to work - it’s as simple as that. We are all about diversity and inclusion. We have Musicians, Skiers, Video Game Heroes, Fussbal Champions, Chefs, Wine Connoisseurs and every other variety of people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. You will find a friend here and you can bring your friends along!
We are also passionate about technology and building fantastic software products. We are experts and leaders in the realm of video streaming. It’s no coincidence that some of our customers are giants like Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Our mission is to innovate continuously and to disrupt the industry by creating a scalable platform for building impactful video applications. Accedo One, our award-winning product is a testament to Accedo’s expertise and leadership worldwide.
To continue to excel, we are growing our team and we’re currently looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our team in Stockholm. (Did we say we have offices all over the world, including Stockholm, Budapest, London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others?
What you will do:
- Perform functional testing of new features and changes, and regression testing on releases, third party changes, and editorial changes.
- Work close with engineering team (developer and QA) to develop test automation and continuous integration solutions
- Addressing bugs & issues found during the development cycle.
- Deploy artefacts to different product environments (i.e. development, qa, uat…), either in cloud or apps.
- Interact with cross-functional scrum team, including product owners, designers, developers as well as other internal or external stakeholders, by example, joining sprint planning meetings, backlog refinements and sprint retrospectives, and so on, to ensure the product quality meet specified functional, performance and business requirements
- Proactive communication with product managers/owners and team members.
- Provide task estimations
- Help to replicate hard to reproduce issues. Provide a clear and accurate description of each bug found. Track production issues and continuously identify high risk areas to improve test coverage.
- Write and maintain manual and automated test artefacts for the product.
- Collaborate with scrum teams to improve testing coverage, efficiency.
What we are looking for
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT (or related discipline), or equivalent working experience.
- Basic understanding of software development methodologies and concepts, like Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development.
- Basic experience integrating open source or 3rd party APIs and Libraries.
- Ability to work independently, with guidance from Senior Engineers/PM/EL/EM.
- Excellent problem solving skills and passion for technical challenges.
- Interested and eager to dive into new technology areas and immerse in topics relevant to the business.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience with SCM systems and related concepts, e.g. Git, Subversion.
- Knowledge of platform specific languages, frameworks and tools.
- Knowledge of software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms...).
- Ability to think analytically
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Yearly training budget - which can be spent on IT conferences or online trainings
- Nice, spacious office located in Söder
- Flexible home office options (past Covid-19 too!)
- Opportunity to participate in a range of company events