Quality Assurance Engineer
About The Position
Accedo is looking for talented Quality Assurance Engineers to join its growing QA team in Singapore. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gain exposure to cutting edge technologies and have the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Since you will be working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help in transforming the requirements and designs into high performance and feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Objective of role: Primarily responsible for project testing of Accedo’s OTT applications. You will play a key role in ensuring the quality of the media applications and games being developed for world famous brands. The role will involve a close relationship with development teams in Accedo.
- Conduct testing systematically against various aspects of applications. Capture descriptive procedures in order to reproduce reported defects. Report and keep track of defects in the defect tracking system. Keep up with various statuses of identified defects throughout the defect life cycle
- Work closely with various members in project teams to obtain a thorough understanding in application features as well as device capabilities and constraints
- Designing, developing and executing test plans, cases and scripts to ensure that products of exceptional quality are delivered, aligned with business objectives on various platforms such as mobile, tablet, web, TV, STB and game console
- Conduct regular quality assurance routines to ensure application quality is maintained throughout projects
- Take a significant role in application release management
- Provide appropriate planning and execution in regression testing, performance testing, integration testing, and other non-functional testing to ensure successful application deployment
- Opportunity to work on test automation with different levels, for mobile, smart TV as well as server side. Assist in API & UI Automation when required.
- Defining, developing and deploying project quality assurance initiatives throughout entire project life cycle, including current and future project development, enhancements or maintenance of existing projects
- Collaborate in a cross-function delivery team to ensure that all aspects of quality are actively discussed and addressed during the delivery process
- Work with clients to help convey issues around quality and build a relationship surrounding QAE on the respective project
- Updating and maintaining best QAE procedures and standards, including test planning, test data preparation and defect reporting.
- Defining and analyzing quality metrics and measuring against targets
- Estimate time for tasks and be the point of contact as an independent QAE on a project
- Provide input to the QAE Lead/QAE Manager for all QAE related activities and dependencies
- Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering or related discipline. Preference will be given to Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree holders
- An overall experience of 2+ years and personal/ professional experience with minimum 2 of the following technologies: Web, Smart TV, Game Consoles, Smart Phone, Tablets, Media Streaming Devices
- Good knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Good knowledge of Streaming apps and technology
- Intermediate level knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Scrum, Agile, Waterfall)
- Very good understanding of non-functional test design and compliance requirements of various platforms
- Experience in creating test cases
- Ability to work on a project independently and confidently
- Comfortable interacting with clients: work with client, be able to identify conflicts and determine when to jump in or pass it to somebody else
- Self-motivated, passionate, responsible and a good team player
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills
- Excellent communicator, detail oriented and quality focused
- Excellent English reading, writing, and speaking skills
- Experience in API testing and API automation would be good to have.
- Experience in UI/functional test automation using tools like Selenium, Appium, Suitest, etc would be a plus
- Experience in test planning would be an added advantage