Sales & Business Director Asia
About The Position
Accedo helps the world’s leading video service providers deliver and grow engaging video experiences across platforms, devices, and regions. We provide a combination of the products and services needed to support our customers at every stage of the video business journey, from strategy and conception through to delivery and post-launch optimization.
The company was founded in 2004 on a simple observation: emerging technologies will transform how people watch television and consume video, but video service providers will struggle to keep up with the complexities of this new landscape.
Since then, Accedo has grown to over 450 employees working from 16 locations across the world. Together, we help power thousands of video experiences across tens of platforms for hundreds of customers. Globally.
At Accedo, we are all pioneers; changing when, where, and how millions of people experience entertainment across the globe. Our mission is to turn TV viewers into video lovers and we are now looking for new talent to join our journey of innovation.
The Role & Team
You’ll join a great team of Sales Directors, Sales Engineers and Account Managers working with the biggest names in the industry. This is a challenging but rewarding role where you will be able to consult and help shape digital plans for Broadcasters, Operators and OTT Providers across the region. As such, we’re looking for someone who loves the video industry and is actively involved. The role would be based at Singapore.
Accedo’s success and industry credentials stems in no small part from its in-depth understanding of market and video technology trends. A personal interest in the fast-changing television and entertainment market is a must. You will have a clear understanding and demonstrable record of success in closing complex product and service-centric deals, and building enduring and mutually successful customer relationships.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished professional with a successful track record in television and digital. They must be used to working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and taking initiative.
- Identify, qualify and close new customers for Accedo in Asia. Grow business within existing accounts. Achieve annual revenue target.
- Report on new business opportunities on a regular basis and provide forecasts on expected revenues.
- Ensure customer requirements are properly scoped and specified, and to be communicated to project delivery teams for execution. Continue to overview project delivery by setting and monitoring milestones as required. Attend important project meetings as and when required.
- Help to manage customer expectations around delivery and performance.
- Participate and prepare presentations for conferences and forums, with the aim of promoting Accedo and securing new business leads.
- Maintain a good knowledge of industry and technology trends, and understand how these relate to Accedo to create new business opportunities.
- Build a strong partner network within the wider Asia region among relevant technology platform vendors, clients and other industry affiliates.
- Be responsible for planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner, working closely with other senior members of the team, as well as at times taking the lead on selected accounts and client engagements and overseeing the work of other Accedo staff.
- Day-to-day management of selected accounts, helping to oversee aspects of all project phases including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and deployment to help ensure ongoing client engagement and repeat business.
- Helping manage selected accounts and working with clients and the internal delivery team (s) through project issues including defect resolution, change requests, environmental problems, infrastructure changes and production support
- Organising or attending daily/weekly customer project meetings and conference calls, ensuring that all projects are delivered on time and to the client's quality expectations.
- Participating in pre-sales and business development activities with customers alongside our management team when necessary, involving preparing demonstrations and contributing to customer proposals. Including, helping create client presentations and/or other documentation when required.
- Ongoing business development, relationship and account management for key clients ensuring that you create a good environment for continued account expansion.
- Be an initial point of contact for customers to handle new project enquiries and technical issue escalation with developers and other members of the Accedo delivery team.
- Helping to respond promptly and professionally to any issues reported and/or any technical queries raised by clients or other members of the Accedo team. Be able to analyse current projects including performance of the applications, processes used, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problems raised, and designing solutions wherever possible.
- Search, summarize and keep the team abreast of strategic information from all sources and help provide aspects of thought leadership to clients with respect to best practices.
- Maintain client databases and be able to assist in making presentations to customers and clients if required on the progress of current projects.
- Possess strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff, thereby helping maintain positive client interactions.
- Be responsible for helping communicate client requirements with Accedo staff and be able to provide general administrative support to the organisation when required.
- Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
- Be able to liaise with other members of the Accedo team based in Delhi, Sydney, Auckland, Stockholm, Singapore, Hong Kong and other regional offices for products, service offerings, project reusability and other ongoing business process improvements.
- Continually update your technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications / emerging platforms.
- Report to management the ongoing status of projects along with any customer issues that may affect current or future Accedo business.
- Help source new business opportunities with existing accounts as well as build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within client organisations.
- Maintain and foster client relationships to ensure contracts are renewed and the service delivered meets your clients' needs Educate new and existing customers on product development, processes and industry developments
- Ensuring proposals prepared for clients are professional, compliant and accurate.
- Attend regular sales meetings involving sales forecasting and reporting.
- Assist in the management of the sales and account management team in APAC as and when required as part of your day-to-day duties.
- 7+ years of relevant experience (Sales or Business Development )
- Consultancy-led, solution sales mentality and a proven track record of consultative selling of complex software products and services
- Track record in overachievement of sales targets
- Understanding and knowledge of TV, media and telecom ecosystems and value chains
- Curiosity and interest in media, new technologies and the transformation of the video experience
- Willingness and ability to travel. (post-covid)
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Problem solver and down-to-business mentality
- Industry knowledge and experience which allows the candidate to be a thought leader and challenge customers
- International and cultural knowledge
- Creative – finds opportunities and solutions easily
- Excellent English skills, written and spoken
- Other language skills are a plus