Software Engineer Full Stack
About The Position
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment in one of the fastest evolving industries there is?
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the media industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our diverse and multi-disciplined development teams. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to compete better. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Tata Play, StarHub, Telkomsel, Fox, Sky TV NZ, HBO, NBC Universal, among many others.
We follow a hybrid work model that allows you to get things done where you are most productive, office, cafe or home.
About the Role
As a fullstack engineer, you will be working closely with a diverse and multidisciplinary team to develop both backend services and web apps that power applications for world-famous media brands. You will be working alongside other engineers and taking the applications from ideation to launch.
- Design, architect, implement and maintain large scale and high availability backend services and infrastructure.
- Develop web applications that are powered by the backend services we built.
- Take ownership of services and applications that are built.
- Work closely with customers, analyse their requirements, and deliver services and applications that power the best video experience.
- Build strong relationships with Accedo partners and clients.
- Document solutions designed and developed, and transfer the knowledge to other engineers, within the team, the organisation and external stakeholders.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
We are open to hiring engineers from all levels of experience. The requirements listed below are separated into two sections, mandatory and optional. The mandatory section will need to be fulfilled by all candidates. Extra credit will be given to candidates who can demonstrate knowledge in the optional section.
- 2+ years of professional experience in developing Node.js based services or React web applications. Candidates with more experience may be considered for a senior position.
- Proficient in RESTful API. Knowledge of GraphQL or gRPC would be an advantage.
- A good understanding of either MySQL or MongoDB. Knowledge of other database engines would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of methodologies, design and architectural patterns, testing practices and tooling would be an advantage.
- Experience in deployment and maintaining applications in production would be an advantage.
- Hands-on experience with the following technologies will be an advantage, microservices, ELK Stack, RabbitMQ, Redis, Kubernetes and Angular. Hands-on experience or certification in AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Good command of English and strong communication skills are required.
- Aspired to enable customer success by delivering good engineering solutions.
- Have the courage to take calculated risks.
- Can be trusted and follow through on your commitments and promises.