About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space is growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets.
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative and international environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
About The Position
Accedo is looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join its growing Professional Services team in Singapore. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Objective of role
The role of Engineering Manager is focused on driving customer solutions and delivering technical excellence through close engagement with customers, cross-functional teams within Accedo and OEM partnerships. As a senior technical authority, you will be responsible for contributing to projects at a senior level. You will also be responsible for leading a cross-functional Engineering team and collaborating closely with the Engineering management team to define and shape our engineering strategy and best practices across the business. Your extraordinary technology skills will help you guide your team through complex and ambiguous environments towards simple and elegant implementations.
You have experience supporting a team of Engineers, are able to recruit new talent and support the growth of your team through active mentorship and coaching. You have a growth mindset and believe that investing in people will lead to high performance and a culture that fosters a successful business. As a senior technical authority, you will be responsible for establishing related processes for improving technical excellence, leadership and customer satisfaction. You will also have broad expertise across multiple technology domains and inspire other team members to grow.
- Involve in strategic planning and execution. Grow team with respect to technical excellence, leadership and customer satisfaction.
- Lead a team of engineering leads, solution architects and engineers. Coach and develop talents, and promote a culture of collaboration, technical excellence and inclusion.
- Provide technical governance and oversight on projects. Advise customers on OTT best practices and ecosystem. Ability to independently manage minor customer escalations successfully.
- Solve challenging technical problems and produce elegant solutions as an individual contributor.
- Communicate strategy, idea and other technical information with clarity and precision to all levels.
- Collaborate actively with regional counterparts and teams to align on strategy and collaborate on initiatives that could benefit all functions.
- Leads by example, inspires others and confidently presents recommendations to peers and customers. An open and innovative mind. Willingness to take risks, quickly learn from failure, and demonstrated value of diverse perspectives.
- Identify actively and act on opportunities to further the development of themselves, their team, Engineering team and region.
- Own the engineering process, standard and best practices, including but not limited to branching, code quality, build pipeline etc.
- Administrate HR duties like timesheet, leave attendance and performance review.
- Report to the Head of Engineering and work closely with other engineering and product leaders to define strategy and drive customer centric engagements.
- 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams.
- Ability to manage direct reports of 10 engineering leads, solution architects and engineers.
- Advance understanding of the OTT and Pay TV ecosystems, including video CMS, CDN, DRM, user authentication and others.
- Advanced level of business acumen.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to cater to a diverse audience.
- Experience with leading individual contributors and providing career direction, coaching and development plans.
- Ability to discuss strategy, ideas and general business at a Management level.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision.
- Motivational personality. Capable of instilling accountability and achieving results.
- Good understanding of design patterns used in fullstack development and microservices.
- Proven track record leading engineering team on providing code review, imposing coding style, release conventions and others.
- Experience modeling and architecturing complicate business domains and associate methodologies, for example, hexagonal architecture.
- Ability to discuss strategy, ideas and general business at a Management level. Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision.