About The Position
About the position
We are looking for a Solution Architect to join our growing team in Singapore. At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will be part of delivery teams that design and implement high-performance, feature-rich applications on multiple platforms and devices.
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the TV, broadcast and streaming industries, providing a range of interesting challenges to our Engineering team. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise their vast video catalogues and transform their video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to compete better. Accedo has over 400 customers, including many world-leading video service providers, such as Paramount+, Telkomsel Maxstream, StarHub TV Plus, Tata Play, among many others.
In APAC we have offices in Hong Kong, Delhi, Singapore, Sydney and Auckland.
The objective of the role
- You will be the technical authority of the overall solution of projects. Working with customers, project managers, designers, engineers, QA, and supports, leading the design, implementation and development of the projects.
- You will be responsible for analysing, designing and implementing commercially viable end-to-end OTT solutions for the customers.
- You will be responsible for converting customer needs and technology opportunities into proposals, technical offerings and solutions.
- You will be responsible for proposing solutions to major stakeholders, consulting key engineers in the projects and ensuring every project team member is on board with the solution.
- You will involve, along with engineers, in crafting prototypes, both frontend and backend, to assist customers in discovering whether a particular solution is suitable for their needs.
- You will contribute to and validate the technical and operational feasibilities of other Solution Architects’ solutions.
- Scope, define and design solution offerings;
- Analyse customer technology and needs, define business requirements, participate in risk analyses and provide recommendations;
- Compose presentations and proposals, and present them to the stakeholders;
- Prepare architectural designs to be presented to the stakeholders and used as a reference by the engineers;
- Ensure features adhere to regulatory and certification requirements defined by the industry, governing bodies and app stores’ requirements;
- Participate and engage as a thought leader and chair technical workshops both internally and with customers;
- Drive the delivery of end-to-end technology solutions with a focus on OTT;
- Work with the lead engineer(s) of projects, co-lead the team to deliver the solutions;
- Participate actively in documentation, information sharing and knowledge transfer;
- Stay abreast of new technologies, and share information about the solutions to enable customer competence to build;
- Evaluate technologies and tools regularly with other engineers, evolve the best practices, improve qualities and increase efficiencies
Only candidates who are Singapore citizens or permanent residents will be eligible to apply. Accedo is not able to provide Employment Pass support for this role.
- 2+ year experience in architecting end-to-end solutions that have been successfully deployed;
- Strong knowledge and experience in backend and frontend technologies;
- Excellent working knowledge of modern software frameworks, tools and design patterns;
- Practical experience working in Agile delivery environments;
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructures; Certification in AWS Solution Architect or similar in Google Cloud or Azure preferred;
- Knowledge of the OTT ecosystem, including CDN, encoding, DRM, ad solution, analytics, pay TV or operator or content provider segments is a plus;
- Strong focus on the quality of UX, functions and performance of the applications, with proven experience building and testing scalable solutions;
- Excellent in technical solution design and documentation skills, with good knowledge of utilisation of diagrams, tools, and mapping use cases;
- Exemplary English communication and facilitation skills, with the ability to lead meetings and workshops internally and externally;
- Strong leadership qualities; Experience leading a team would be a plus;
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline is a plus;
- We will consider applicants with lesser experience as Associate Solution Architects.