Software Engineer - iOS
About The Position
Accedo is looking for talented IOS Engineers to join its growing Development team in Brazil. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web-based platforms and devices.
What we do at Accedo:
We are looking for a passionate IOS Software Engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include implementing visual elements and their behaviors with user interactions. You will work with both front-end and back-end web developers to build all client-side logic. You will also be bridging the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks and functions.
- Strong iOS development experience, with a unique iOS project (or several) in the Apple Appstore.
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
- Strong experience with Swift with a heavy emphasis on Auto Layout
- Objective-C experience is beneficial
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them
- A solid understanding of mobile application design as well as iOS frameworks and development
- Ability to adapt capabilities to cross-platform technologies such as Kotlin
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent app development work experience
- 2-4 years’ professional experience developing native iOS/tvOS applications
- Extensive hands-on development experience using Swift, Objective-C
- Extensive experience with iOS/tvOS SDK, Xcode and modern Developer Tools
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and Libraries highly desirable
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Experience in technologies such as GraphQL is beneficial
- Good understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities and constraints
- Experience in other tech stacks is also beneficial (HTML/JS, Java, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
- Experience in Video and media based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics)
- Good command in English
Accedo is a global video solutions provider, pioneering some of the world’s most impactful multi-screen experiences. We enable video businesses of all shapes and sizes to continuously grow, evolve, and innovate their offerings across regions, platforms, and devices. We leverage our long standing experience and solid focus on innovation to create premium video experiences for best-in-class organizations including NBC Universal, Deutsche Telekom, Telefónica, Showtime, CNN, Tata Sky, and TVNZ.
Accedo was founded in 2004 and today has over 550 employees in 16 offices across the world.
At Accedo, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusiveness where employees are both valued and heard. Inclusion also means having diverse representation in gender, race, sex, thought, and other personal characteristics to contribute towards the betterment of our commerce and people. We strongly encourage applications from diverse communities to contribute towards our commitment of inclusivity.