Sr. UX Designer
About The Position
Join Accedo and help us design video products for some of the world’s leading brands.
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll research the problem and then draw on your creative and analytical skills to propose user-friendly and delightful solutions. You will apply your technical skills to define and illustrate the complete product design interfaces across multiple appliances and operating systems.
Your end-users will launch these products to watch their favourite movies and shows, join fitness workouts at home, and imagine a future that will connect their viewing experiences with shopping and AR/VR experiences.
If this sounds good to you, we do have 3 key things we’re looking for:
- You’re an experienced and well-rounded product designer.
- You are an excellent communicator.
- You have experience in media & entertainment, ideally with TV platforms such as Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, and smart TVs.
We favour candidates in Montreal (remote), and Toronto (where the office is located).
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
The work environment is unique and challenging, giving you the chance to evolve your skill set whilst working with new technologies and exciting customers like Bell Media, Sportsnet, Sirius XM, and Peloton. We strongly believe in career development and work in a forward-thinking, agile environment that is based on collaboration, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement.
Objective of the role: You will work on applications from idea stage through to market launch. This typically includes customer discussions, concept ideation, and design. The role will involve a close relationship with all Accedo’s NAM-based professional services teams, including Delivery, Engineering, and QA. You will work under the guidance of the UX Director and alongside other UX designers.
- Execute all aspects of user experience design, including research, analysis, IA, wireframing, prototyping, usability testing, focus groups, workshops, and stakeholder sessions.
- Design for iOS, Android, Smart TV, Set-top-box (STB), Windows, Mac, Web, game consoles, and other media devices.
- Communicate design decisions both internally and with clients.
- Work closely with developers to understand technical requirements.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in UX/UI design for products.
- Proficiency with design and productivity tools. Figma is our principal design software. Other tools include Adobe Creative Suite, Google Workspace (G Suite), Jira, and Confluence.
- Knowledge of visual design principles and best practices.
- Knowledge & experience facilitating customer workshops.
- Exceptional ability to communicate design decisions both internally and externally with clients.
Nice to Haves:
- Strong visual design skills.
- Experience designing for TV, STB or VR platforms.
- Experience designing for video on-demand applications.
- Knowledge & experience facilitating usability testing.
- Up-to-date with the latest platform guidelines from iOS & Android.
- Knowledge of design methodologies and specialties such as data-driven design, service design, and content UX.
At Accedo, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusiveness where employees are both valued and heard. Inclusion also means having diverse representation in gender, race, sex, thought, and other personal characteristics to contribute towards the betterment of our commerce and people. We strongly encourage applications from diverse communities to contribute towards our commitment of inclusivity.
If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let the recruiter know when contacted for an interview.