Solution Architect, Madrid
About The Position
Accedo is looking for talented Solutions Architect to join its growing Professional Services team in our downtown Madrid Office. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Objective of role: You will participate in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements. You will contribute to the determination of technical and operational feasibility of solutions. Will Develop prototypes and work with Customers, Project Managers, Developers and QA Team as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes. May lead multiple projects with competing deadlines. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
- Create Proof of Concept on the targeted Smart TV and/or set-up box platform using Accedo application framework Accedo Extend™, together with cutting edge technologies available (e.g. DRMs, Analytics tools, Ads plugin) on the market before a project is committed. In creating Proof of Concepts, construct sample software applications and/or prototypes to verify if customer requirements can be fulfilled
- Evaluate different tools and techniques to create a common ground on which developers work and perform daily tasks
- Prepare architectural designs, to be used for reference by software developers
- Set up technical standards for software developers, including coding guidelines and best practices
- Develop software applications that meet the best practices defined by OEMs (Samsung, LG, Amazon, Google, Apple etc.)
- Define and Manage Software Release process
- Define and Manage Quality Control Standards
- Review team estimations and technical descriptions.
- Collaborate and work efficiently with globally distributed teams
- Attend customer technical meetings.
- Applicants must be a Permanent resident or with valid visa
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- Exemplary English communication and facilitation skills, with the ability to lead Customer/Partner meetings and workshops at an international level
- Solid engineering background with at least 7+ years hands-on experience architecting and building scalable Over The Top solutions for HTML/JS based devices
- Good understanding of the Over The Top ecosystem, including Global Content Delivery Networks, Video Encoding, DRM Technologies, Ad-Integration, Analytics Solutions etc.
- Experience with Android/iOS SDK and integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and libraries is a plus
- Experience designing and building complex middleware solutions using PHP, Java or Node.js is a plus
- Practical experience working in Agile environments with exposure to Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development
- Strong quality focus from a UI, Functional and Performance perspective with proven experience building and testing scalable solutions
- Excellent technical solution design and documentation skills with a good understanding of UML and related tools