Senior Manager / Director, Infrastructure Operations
About The Position
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment in one of the fastest evolving industries there is?
We offer a truly inspiring and flexible work environment where you will be empowered to follow your passion, to see possibilities, and to continuously learn and grow. Our clients are the largest global media brands in the industry, including NBCU, Deutsche Telekom, Tata, Hallmark to name a few. Not to mention, one of the friendliest teams on the globe!
About the Role
Accedo is looking for a Senior Manager or Director of Infrastructure Operations to lead the DevOps team. This position will be in charge of maintaining an excellent service uptime levels for both external services for clients and internal high impacting tools, while providing higher management with a clear high level overview of the team's activities and progress. The ideal person would be also hands-on in day-to-day operations of the team.
- 10+ years of experience in similar management roles, with experience in infrastructure (on-premise/cloud) / Linux administration / networking / client project implementations and experience in leading a Infrastructure team
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- Must have a general idea about (but not limited to): Cloud infrastructure, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Expert in Infrastructure best practices and practice them where applicable
- Deep knowledge of AWS (or similar), including: AutoScaling, CodeDeploy, S3, CloudFront, Route53, CloudFront, Certificate Manager, DynamoDB/MongoDB and SQL
- Deep knowledge of Jenkins or other CI/CD environments
- Familiar with cost optimization both for clients’ and internal projects
- Ability to develop and manage a budget
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (Professional will be preferred)
- Understanding of software development processes, tools, and skill in at least two languages (back-end/front-end/scripting/JS)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Must also be able to simplistically explain solutions to other team members and clients, who don’t necessarily have to be technical
- Experience with containerization and orchestration
- Lead the Infrastructure Operations team
- Act as a escalation point for the Infrastructure Operations Team
- Act as mentor and escalation point for the Support Engineering team
- Analyze system requirements
- Recommend alternative technologies where applicable
- Work closely with the higher management and provide high level reporting of the team’s activities
- Have the ability to document his/her work in a clear and concise manner
- Always be on the lookout for gaps in the general day to day operations
Accedo is a global video solutions provider, pioneering some of the world’s most impactful multi-screen experiences. We enable video businesses of all shapes and sizes to continuously grow, evolve, and innovate their offerings across regions, platforms, and devices. We leverage our long standing experience and solid focus on innovation to create premium video experiences for best-in-class organizations including NBC Universal, Deutsche Telekom, Telefónica, Showtime, CNN, Tata Sky, and TVNZ.
Accedo was founded in 2004 and today has over 550 employees in 16 offices across the world.
At Accedo, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusiveness where employees are both valued and heard. Inclusion also means having diverse representation in gender, race, sex, thought, and other personal characteristics to contribute towards the betterment of our commerce and people. We strongly encourage applications from diverse communities to contribute towards our commitment of inclusivity.