UX Design Manager
About The Position
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment in one of the fastest evolving industries there is?
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and working with some of the largest global media brands such as Netflix, Spotify, and HBO. You will be part of a flourishing global design team and get a chance to collaborate with colleagues worldwide, solving the most significant design challenges in the video-on-demand space for millions of video viewers around the world.
We offer a truly inspiring and flexible work environment where you will be empowered to follow your passion, to see possibilities, and to continuously learn and grow. Not to mention, a top-class benefits program and one of the friendliest teams on the globe!
About the role:
As a UX Design manager, you will act as a player-coach overseeing a product from conception to launch in partnership with the biggest brands in the world in Latin America, Europe, Africa and Middle-east. As a design leader, you will form part of the global design leadership team and help build high performing and diverse teams that solve design problems for the next billion video streaming devices our products will reach. You will coach and grow a team of designers to help them reach their potential and maintain (and raise!) the highest level of quality we set out as a team.
As a design leader for your team, you will be expected to leverage your full range of people management skills to build relationships with our clients and other senior leaders of Accedo to help champion your team's work.
In this role, you will (amongst other things):
- Facilitate dialogue around end-user and business requirements.
- Tackle every aspect of a user’s experience - the overall flow and layout of the screens, the fields and information presented, the actions and interactions that are provided, and the visualizations of the information/data.
- Leading by example, develop design artifacts and frameworks to ground teams in user-centric thinking, such as journey mapping, experience blueprinting, and research processes.
- Will to foster collaboration inside and outside the team, as well as evangelize and promote UX internally.
- Hire, mentor and manage a team of user experience designers.
- Manage design processes, project prioritization, resource allocation and ensuring your team members are on projects and initiatives that they are positioned to succeed.
- Cultivate a healthy design culture that enables design to thrive within the organization.
- 7+ years of experience in interaction design, content strategy, UX writing, information design, user interface design, human factors engineering, user experience, or information architect positions; 2+ years of experience managing design teams.
- English online portfolio with a range of interactive samples and/or case studies supporting design studies you’ve supported and projects which you’ve helped your team.
- Mastery in either interaction, visual design or research to enable you to lead by example and mentor team members in your care.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and process-driven skills in English; second language is an asset.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and other design and prototyping tools.
- Ability to represent project goals and concepts to a broader product team and other leaders clearly and succinctly.
- High aptitude for collaboration and desire to constantly improve yourself and others around you.
- Ability to adapt your design methods and approach to the needs of different clients and situations.
- Shipped multiple products, ideally in the entertainment video space.
- Experience designing for international audiences (multi-language localization), and accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.
If it sounds like we've developed your interests, we'd love to meet you!
*Please make sure to provide your CV and portfolio in English