Senior Business Analyst
About The Position
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment in one of the fastest evolving industries there is?
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and working with some of the largest global media brands such as Netflix, Spotify, and HBO. You will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature-rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices, ultimately improving the end user experience for millions of video viewers around the world.
We offer a truly inspiring and flexible work environment where you will be empowered to follow your passion, to see possibilities, and to continuously learn and grow.
About the Role
Accedo is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join its growing Services team in Europe. We are looking for talented and highly motivated individuals who are passionate about defining and creating innovative media-centric solutions on a variety of platforms and devices. This is an exciting and varied role that presents an opportunity to work closely with Customers, Suppliers and multiple Accedo teams in a highly collaborative environment.
You will be assigned interesting as well as challenging tasks and projects. You will have all possibilities for both a professional and personal development – it is up to you to seize the opportunity! Our environment is highly international and you can expect plenty of international contacts, with colleagues, partners and customers. Our company culture is characterized by market focus, competence and personal initiative. Finally, there is always room for a good laugh.
- Eliciting, challenging and validating business requirements for multi-platform deliveries.
- Elaborating business requirements into functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Creating requirements and software specification documentation (e.g. requirements catalogue, functional specs, user stories, use cases etc.), ensuring these are captured in JIRA.
- Gaining sign-off on key project documents from project stakeholders.
- Facilitating workshops with the Customer, Accedo Sales/Pre-Sales, Product teams and Accedo Design.
- Supporting Project Managers with feasibility studies, solution options analysis, estimation and high-level planning.
- Ensuring Project Managers have a full handover of requirements before the project delivery phase is executed.
- Requirements traceability and supporting Project Managers to identify scope creep, change scenarios and additional revenue opportunities.
- Working with Customers and Project Teams to drive Customer Acceptance through documentation of requirements fulfillment and adherence to exit criteria.
- 3+ years experience as a Business Analyst in the OTT, Web or Mobile app development industry.
- Practical experience working in an Agile environment on bespoke software development projects.
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle and project management processes.
- Strong documentation skills with experience writing requirement specifications and user stories.
- Exceptional written (English) and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated individual with exceptional English communication and presentation skills.
- Logical thinker with strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Strong Customer focus with experience leading workshops and flexibility to travel.
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence or similar tools for project delivery and control.
- Tertiary Degree and/or industry recognized Business Analyst qualification.
- Problem solver and down-to-business mentality.
- Structured and process driven with high organizational skills.
- High energy and self-motivated.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills.
- International and cultural knowledge.
- High levels of integrity and professionalism.
- Willingness and possibility to travel. Travel of about 10-20% expected.