JS NodeJS Backend developer
About The Position
Accedo is looking for talented JS Developers / Engineers to join its growing Professional Services team in Madrid. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Objective of role: Primarily software development of JS and other front end devices applications. You will work on applications for world famous brands from idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support. The role can involve a close relationship with Accedo’s overseas offices.
- Are you passionate about development and improving the efficiency of the software development process?
- Are you passionate about providing accurate estimates and delivering successful results at the end of each development cycle?
- If so, then this is the team you want to join. We care about software craftsmanship, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Node.js middleware development (ES6,Express.js, Serverless, etc)
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers
- Help to develop an infrastructure to provide service to more than one million users per month in a global video on demand project
- Work in a continuous improvement environment helping to get a high performance and reliable system.
- Create API endpoints following the best practices
- Document the endpoints to allow other vendors to use our infrastructure
- Make decisions about the Amazon Web Services to use to host all the services (API Gateway, EBS, Lambda, [email protected])
- Ensure the quality of the code through code review and code analysis
- Perform unit and integration tests
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- +3 years’ professional experience developing with Node.js, ES6 and Express.js (or other REST framework)
- Experience designing and building RESTful API services
- Experience with GraphQL (Apollo Server)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Experience with the pyramid of testing (unit, integration and end2end tests)
- Experience as a part of an integrator project with multiple vendors
- Experience with software development methodologies like code reviews, dailies standups, sprint retrospectives
- Experience with software management tools like ticketing system, kanban/scrum boards, etc (We use Jira)
- Experience with API documentation, including the use of wikis (Confluence) and API definition languages (GraphQL Schemas, API Doc, RAML...)
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
- Knowledge in Video and media based development projects is a plus (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics)
- Knowledge in other tech stacks is also considered an advantage (Modern Web development, Go, Ruby, etc.)
- Good command of English