Automation Specialist - Madrid
About The Position
Global Solutions / Pay TV Team / Automation Specialist
Accedo is a global video solutions provider, pioneering some of the world’s most impactful multi-screen experiences. We enable video businesses of all shapes and sizes to continuously grow, evolve, and innovate their offerings across regions, platforms, and devices. We leverage our long standing experience and focus on innovation to create premium and engaging video experiences.
Within Accedo, Global Solutions is a team of highly motivated experts with domain knowledge in PayTV/Broadcast, OTT, and Cloud. We're looking for a skilled Automation Specialist to join the Global Solutions function. As an Automation Specialist, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, leveraging cutting edge technologies and working with well recognized global brands. The role involves working in a highly collaborative environment, interacting and providing guidance and thought leadership to internal and external stakeholders, creating and managing test environments for new solutions, driving the use of automation to improve quality, and further evolution of existing solutions.
About the position
We are looking for an Automation Specialist who will strengthen our Global Solutions team and contribute towards accelerating the Quality Assurance of our Pay TV Solution, which encompasses an Android application, back-end services, systems, and infrastructure that power our cloud enabled solutions.
We want to be more test driven, which for us means that we need a build pipeline that evaluates all changes as early as possible in the development cycle. You will play a key role in defining and refining the build pipeline and managing the devices and test infrastructure needed to continually evaluate our solution. You will promote the use of test automation across the Solutions team and also build a scalable framework enabling our customers to take advantage of our automation environment. Here are just some of the things you can expect to be involved in:
- Design, develop, execute and maintain test scripts on Big Screen devices and STBs by leveraging coding skills and designated automation tools/frameworks.
- Ensure test coverage meets overall system and software requirements.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD environments and deploy artefacts to different product environments (i.e. development, QA, UAT…), in apps.
- Perform functional testing of new features and changes, and regression testing on releases, third party changes.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams, the team members will play a key role in software quality assurance of solutions that will be deployed in products worldwide.
- Interact with cross-functional scrum team, including product owners, designers, developers as well as other internal or external stakeholders, by example, joining sprint planning meetings, backlog refinements and sprint retrospectives to ensure the app quality meets specified functional, performance and business requirements
What we are looking for
For this particular role, we're looking for candidates who have extensive experience with Jenkins and testing Android applications. You should also have:
- 3+ years of hands on automation experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT (or related discipline), or equivalent working experience.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies and concepts, like Agile/Scrum, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development.
- Previous experience integrating open source or 3rd party APIs and Libraries.
- Ability to work independently, with guidance from Senior Engineers and Product Owners.
- Excellent problem solving skills and passion for technical challenges.
- Interested and eager to dive into new technology areas and immerse in topics relevant to the business.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Application test automation experience using industry standard tools, e.g. Selenium, Appium, Witbe
- Experience in using cloud service providers (e.g.: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) is a plus
Does this sound like it's up your alley? Let's have a chat.
At Accedo, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusiveness where employees are both valued and heard. Inclusion also means having diverse representation in gender, race, sex, thought, and other personal characteristics to contribute towards the betterment of our commerce and people. We strongly encourage applications from diverse communities to contribute towards our commitment of inclusivity.