Immersive Engineer (Unity, AR, VR)
About The Position
Accedo is a great place to work - it’s as simple as that. We are all about diversity and inclusion. We have Musicians, Skiers, Video Game Heroes, Fussbal Champions, Chefs, Wine Connoisseurs and every other variety of people. We have Family people, Single people, and Happy people. You will find a friend here and you can bring your friends along!
We are also passionate about technology and building fantastic software products. We are experts and leaders in the realm of video streaming. It’s no coincidence that some of our customers are giants like Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few.
To continue to excel, we are growing our team with multiple openings! We’re looking for an Immersive Engineer to join our team in Stockholm, Budapest or Madrid. (Did we say we have offices all over the world, including Stockholm, Budapest, London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Sao Paulo and Hong Kong, amongst others?) You will join an international engineering team and will collaborate with the rest of our teams.
About the position
The Immersive Engineer will be at the center of the ideation and creation process of new Accedo immersive solutions. From internal proof of concepts (PoCs), tradeshow demos to customer deployments. In-person collaboration is critical for this role, with regular sessions at the office to spark ideas, boost creativity and speed up the development process. You’ll be mainly interacting with the other members of the Solutions team as well as design and development teams around the globe (remotely).
- Do you want to create never-before-seen video streaming applications for immersive platforms and beyond?
- Do you keep on top of all things AR & VR, and enjoy reading blogs and articles regarding bleeding-edge technologies?
- Are you already a VR or AR owner, user, and enthusiast?
- Are you passionate about solving problems, by looking for external help or creating your own solutions?
- Are you a curious and proactive person who never stops where the brief ends?
- Do you want to have access to the latest XR headsets on the market to find inspiration?
- If so, then this is the team you want to join!
- Recruiter Screening
- Hiring Manager Interview (60')
- Codility test (45-60')
- Technical Interview (60')
- Final round (30’)
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent app development work experience
- 5+ years’ professional experience developing applications in Unity.
- 2+ years’ professional experience developing applications for AR and/or VR (Meta/Oculus beneficial)
- Experience with Unity scripting, textures, animation, GUI styles, and user session management
- Solid understanding of Unity's Graphics, Lighting, Shaders, Physics, and UI systems
- C# development, debugging, and profiling (C++ beneficial)
- Experience in integrating 3rd party APIs and libraries
- Interface to 3D graphics, performance optimization, testing
- Experience in using cloud service providers (e.g.: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience in optimizing memory and space usage
- Design eye to be able to take your own design decisions when needed
- Technology enthusiast, trying out betas and finding the missing parts of the SDKs.
- Solution maker, able to reach out to the SDK owners and community to find solutions.
- Good communication and collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholders, technical and non-technical.
- Familiar with innovation processes
- Used to creating fast-paced demos and PoCs
- Flexibility to meet colleagues face-to-face regularly during creative sessions
- Good command of English, any other language is a plus
- Previous work with Open XR, Nreal SDK, or any other immersive cross-platform framework.
- Android development experience
- Web or iOS development experience is a plus.
- Multiplayer networking experience
- Basic 3D modeling and texture editing abilities
- Experience in customer-facing workshops
- Willing to travel occasionally to other Accedo offices, tradeshows or customer meetings.