About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space is growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets.
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, e.g. Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Working in a highly collaborative and international environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others. Our London office is located at 3 Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Accedo is looking for talented JS Developers / Engineers to join its growing Professional Services team in London. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Objective of role
Primarily software development of JS and other front end devices applications. You will work on applications for world famous brands from idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support. The role can involve a close relationship with Accedo’s overseas offices.
- Are you passionate about Agile development process and improving the efficiency of the software development process?
- Are you passionate about providing accurate estimates and delivering successful results at the end of each development cycle?
- If so, then this is the team you want to join. We care about software craftsmanship, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it
What do we require from you?
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 1-5 years' work experience (for Junior and Senior roles, respectively) in similar capacity
- Good knowledge of performance and memory optimizations, proficient usage of the tools available in SDK’s and excellent debugging skills for the platforms in question
- Proficient with source code management (Git/Bitbucket/GitHub)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies e.g. Scrum, TDD.
- Interest in learning new platforms and new technologies is a plus
- Understanding of VOD, live streaming, and DRM, as well as experience in the TV industry (IPTV, Connected TV) is a plus
- Good communications skills in English is needed
Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with gulp, grunt, webpack is a plus
Are you one of us?
If you love your field of work and enjoy keeping up-to-date with technology (general industry news as well as bleeding edge) you’ll fit right in. We aren’t looking for a job holder, we are looking for team members and want to get to know what makes you tick. We are curious and open and want to get to know you; maybe you have an interesting hobby-project going on? If so, we would love to see it!
We hope that you are able to handle responsibility and that you are self-motivated and capable of initiating as well as completing tasks to meet deadlines and exceed customer satisfaction. We expect you to take initiative and able to work both independently, and as part of a (potentially globally dispersed) team. As an ambitious team player, you should share information and knowledge throughout the organization.
Customer focus is an essential part of everything we do. This means focusing on and taking pride in delivering with high quality. Good communication skills and a service minded approach is also important.