Software Engineer - Roku (Brightscript)
About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space is growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets.
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, e.g. Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Working in a highly collaborative and international environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
We're located at 3 Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Accedo is looking for talented Software Engineers to join its growing Professional Services team in London. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Objective of role
Primarily software development of Roku/Brightscript applications. You will work on applications for world famous brands from idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support. The role can involve a close relationship with Accedo’s overseas offices.
- Are you passionate about Agile development process and improving the efficiency of the software development process?
- Are you passionate about providing accurate estimates and delivering successful results at the end of each development cycle?
- If so, then this is the team you want to join. We care about software craftsmanship, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it
Skills and Experience
- Sofware development experience preferably Brightscript/Roku
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
- Experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers
- Building dynamic Roku applications with the opportunity to work on web development projects
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 2 years’ professional experience developing software applications
- Experience of Brightscript desirable
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and Libraries highly desirable
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
- Experience in Video and media based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics)
- Good command of English