Jr Quality Assurance Engineer
About The Position
Accedo is the trusted video experience transformation pioneer, improving the lives of video consumers by the hundreds of millions. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Astro, Deutsche Telekom, Disney, Fox, HBO, NBC Universal, and Telefonica, among many others.
We offer a truly global working environment with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, Madrid, Toronto, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
We are looking for a Junior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in London. You will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gain exposure to cutting edge technologies and can work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will contribute to high performing and feature rich applications on a wide variety of OTT platforms and devices.
What will you be doing?
This is the ideal role for a recent graduate or someone with a few years of work experience who wants to put their professional knowledge about software testing and quality assurance software engineering to the test in a rapidly evolving industry. You are eager to learn, take pride in your QA activities, and can work in a multi-disciplinary team to deliver great applications.
In your work, you will always work in multi-disciplinary teams. This gives you great opportunities to learn, but also requires you to be mindful about how your activities influence the team success. You will design and execute test plans, including regression testing, performance testing, integration testing, and other non-functional testing to ensure successful application deployment. A keen interest or experience in QA Automation is definitely going to be helpful, but is not mandatory.
Apart from your own project group, you will be working closely with others inside and outside Accedo, including customers, product owners, business analysts, etc. This requires you to be able to convey (the importance of) certain QA techniques to people who don’t have a QA background. It is fine if you don’t have that experience today; we are happy to let you grow and develop in this area. But this is eventually something we will expect from you.
What are we looking for in you?
- Completed bachelor-degree education in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline
- You have an informed opinion about current Quality Assurance practices, and can back this opinion up through education or experience
- Some proven experience in design, development, and implementation of quality assurance activities in software product testing, either through study or work experience
- Some proven experience in statistical analysis, reporting techniques and documentation
- You are eager to learn. We don’t expect you to have all the answers, but do expect you to speak up, ask, grow and develop
- You have great analytical and communication skills
- You are already now based in the UK, and are allowed to reside and work there