About The Position
As part of the Global RMO (Resource Management Office) Resource Managers are responsible for ensuring optimal staffing solutions in response to business demand. This is a highly analytical and engaging role that requires collaboration with stakeholders across the business to understand project role requirements and to match this with available capacity and skills in Accedo’s talent pool.
Key to this role is also the standardisation and continuous improvement of global resourcing processes, tools and management information reporting. Regular analysis of key performance metrics (such as utilisation levels) and recommendations on growth and training requirements will be required. Knowledge of typical role types and skill sets in software development projects is a significant asset.
Resource Managers also work closely with Regional/Functional Managers to understand skills/experience levels in different teams, along with targeted learning objectives and development opportunities to better align business demand with individual aspirations.
- Leading Resource Management within Professional Services, by establishing a clear and accurate view of regional and global demand and aligning to available delivery capacity.
- Working closely with Regional Sales teams to understand incoming opportunities with respect to customer expectations, role requirements, skills, timelines and delivery budget.
- Providing support and recommendations to continuously improve Resource Management processes, tools and reports used within the business
- Driving report generation and analysis of key performance metrics (such as resource demand and utilisation forecast levels) in order to identify opportunities for resourcing optimisations, cost reductions, and optimised staffing solutions
- Working with internal stakeholders across the business to promote resource management best practices and explaining how to use reporting data to drive decision making
- Acting as the primary point of contact for global resource planning, ensuring clear communication channels across the wider business
- Chairing Regional/Global Resourcing meetings and supporting business leaders to evaluate working at risk requests, resourcing conflicts or opportunities/engagements with any other qualifying criteria
- Endeavouring to ensure that all PS engagements are staffed with the right people, at the right time and within allocated budget.
- Reviewing skills and experience levels across the delivery organisation and working with Regional Managers (and HR) to identify training gaps and recruitment needs
- Collaborating with HR to provide input on global role alignments, job descriptions, candidate evaluations, performance management and career path planning
- Managing existing and establishing new relationships with Professional Services Development Partners with strategic locations or niche skill sets to expand global capacity
- Business-as-usual (and ad hoc) upstream reporting to senior management, including both short-term and long-term capacity planning
- .The full expectation is that this position will eventually reside in an office for part of the work week.