Graduate Trainee (Software Engineer - Android)
About The Position
Do you love watching movies and TV? Are you passionate about technology and find yourself tinkering with gadgets? Do you enjoy playing video games or are you that person who loves getting the latest smartphone every year? Do people often say you are too picky? If so, WE WANT YOU!!
The key objective of our Graduate Trainee (Software Engineer - Android) Program is to develop and foster the potential fresh graduate to explore a career path in software development. During the on-the-job training, you'll be working closely with our senior team members on applications for world famous brands from idea stage through to market launch.
What You Will be Doing:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Android, Android TV and other front end applications as directed by management
- Responsible for following coding best practices and properly commenting code during development
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Coordinate with technical teams for preparation and maintenance of program libraries and technical manuals.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Quality Assurance testing and deployment of new services
- Good experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them
- Other projects may be assigned at times, depending on the requirements of the business
Who is our Right Fit:
- Recent university graduates from in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline with less than 1 year’s work experience and possess the following qualities:
- Experience and knowledge in core Java or Kotlin will be advantageous
- Good understanding of software development, implementation lifecycle and hands-on programming experience
- Self-motivated, passionate, responsible and a good team player
- Strong enthusiasm and commitment toward establishing a long-term career in field of software development
- Good team spirit with ability to work independently and under pressure
- Excellent communicator, detail-oriented and quality-focused
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Who are we?
We are Accedo and we have more than fifteen years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe. We design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across Smart TVs, gaming consoles, Set-Top Boxes, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Web, Smartphones, tablets and more.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, Hong Kong, Toronto, Guadalajara and more. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, like Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO, and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few.
At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gain exposure to the latest technologies and work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry.