About The Position
About the position
We are looking for an Engineering Lead to join our growing team in Hong Kong. At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will be part of delivery teams that design and implement high-performance, feature-rich applications on multiple platforms and devices.
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the TV, broadcast and streaming industries, providing a range of interesting challenges to our Engineering team. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise their vast video catalogues and transform their video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to compete better. Accedo has over 400 customers, including many world-leading video service providers, such as Paramount+, Telkomsel Maxstream, StarHub TV Plus, Tata Play, among many others.
In Asia-Pacific, we have offices in Hong Kong, Delhi, Singapore, Sydney and Auckland.
The objective of the role
- You will drive customer solutions and deliver customer excellence through close collaboration with customers and other functional teams within Accedo at a senior level.
- You will lead a small engineering team, collaborate with other engineering leaders within Accedo, and define and shape engineering practices and tools across the business.
- You will guide your teams through complex and ambiguous environments, employing your technical skills, towards a robust and elegant implementation.
- Lead a team of engineers, provide technical leadership, professional development, direction, guidance, and mentorship in a line management capacity;
- Guide and develop the team through performance management via effective coaching, feedback, recognition, skill assessment, training, and annual performance review;
- Act as a technical authority on projects, collaborate with solution architects and validate architectural decisions and overall solutions, engage with customers and suppliers, conduct code reviews, and mentor the development team;
- Solve complex issues through deductive reasoning and resourcefulness;
- Support regional sales opportunities, participate in customer or supplier workshops, provide solution design insights, risk and dependencies analysis, and task estimations.
- Anticipate and prepare the team for the future, on technology, people, culture and process.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working on web or full stack applications, with substantial experience in client-facing roles;
- Solid knowledge of ReactJS
- Experience with testing frameworks (Jest/React Testing Library)
- Practical experience working in Agile environments with continuous integration and test-driven development approach;
- Good knowledge of designs and patterns for performant web applications;
- Experience in leading engineers and passionate about growing a high-performance team;
- Understanding people management processes,including: performance management, mentoring, coaching, and career development planning;
- Recognized leadership skills - approachable, passionate, influential, excellent communicator, composed;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Highly self-motivated and customer-focused;
- Good command of English;
- Experience in the OTT industry or streaming technology will be beneficial but not required.