Software Engineer (Web)
About The Position
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the TV, broadcast and streaming industries, providing a range of interesting challenges to our Engineering team. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise their vast video catalogues and transform their video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to compete better. Accedo has over 400 customers, including many world-leading video service providers, such as Paramount+, Telkomsel Maxstream, StarHub TV Plus, Tata Play, among many others.
What we are looking for
The objective of the role
- You will be involved in customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support.
Skills and Experiences
- Experience in web development;
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools - and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes;
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers.
- 3+ years’ professional experience developing React / Node.js - based web applications;
- Exposure to Agile development methodology, SonarQube, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development;
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and libraries is highly desirable;
- Experience in Video and media-based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is a plus;
- Experience designing and building RESTful API services on Node.js would be a plus;
- Experience in using cloud service providers (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) is highly recommended;
- Exposure to GraphQL / NoSQL is a plus;
- Exposure to React Native is a plus;
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and love technical challenges;
- Good command of English is required;
- Self-motivated and customer-focused;
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related disciplines would be a plus.
What we Offer
- Hybrid work arrangement with a nice office located in Kwun Tong;
- Competitive salary and benefits with Annual Leave, Birthday Leave and Study Leave;
- Health insurance from the 1st day of employment.