HR Manager ( 6 months contract, maternity cover)
About The Position
Accedo is the trusted video experience transformation pioneer, improving the lives of video consumers by the hundreds of millions. We offer a portfolio of experience centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetize video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to better compete. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Astro, Deutsche Telekom, Disney, Fox, HBO, NBC Universal, and Telefonica, among many others.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, Madrid, Toronto, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
Life at Accedo is truly international. You will work daily with people from different backgrounds, different experiences and different cultures. If this excites you, and you are not webcam-shy in Google Meet video meetings, then this may be the job for you!
As the HR Manager in APAC, you will play a pivotal role in Accedo's development in the APAC region consisting of Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Australia and New Zealand. You will work closely with business leaders to create and deliver an effective regional HR strategy that supports our growth in the region, and are able to deliver professional and scalable HR support across these locations. On a global level, you work closely with the Head of HR&O; and deliver global projects and initiatives.
- Understand clearly the complexity of the business requirements and structure, and be able to successfully manage expectations and influence APAC stakeholders to support the strategy, processes and policies
- Build credibility as a reliable, responsive and trusted HR advisor
- Give clear, considered and concise advice on HR issues and demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills across all levels of seniority
- Provide strategic interface to APAC stakeholders through the provision of guidance and support in developing and progressing people management solutions to achieve business objectives
- Use quantitative/ qualitative data to provide a regular predictive analysis for APAC stakeholders
- Coach team members in their respective roles and actively looks for development opportunities for them.
- Provide guidance and support to team members, handles escalations, and ensures relevant global information reaches each team member
- Translate global HR strategy to regional strategy & ensures implementation
- Deliver a cohesive Human Resource strategy encompassing Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Australia and New Zealand
- Regionally responsible for delivering performance review cycle
- Develop and maintains succession plan for regional leadership
- Train & coach senior people managers on team management and performance
- Provide subject matter expertise in employee relations / disciplinary issues
- Spot opportunities for regional organisational improvement / design and follows up with relevant stakeholders
- Gather market data of designated region on pay levels
- Monitor annually equal pay for equal work and reports to regional management & Head of HR&O.
- Handle compensation escalations that could not be handled by generalist
Talent acquisition and retention
- Manage regional headcount plan, as agreed in quarterly QBR’s
- Train hiring teams & senior leaders on effective recruitment / interviewing skills
- Identify employer branding channels in designated countries in conjunction with Marketing and manage relations with regional recruitment suppliers
- Deliver hiring manager with offer proposals in designated countries
- Develop and execute on plan to improve retention in the region, including succession management for leadership roles
- Manage global projects as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- At least 8 years of relevant HR experience
- A collaborative spirit and a results-driven mindset with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work against timelines
- A proactive and strategic work ethic with the ability to operate effectively both independently and within a team
- Flexible to meet the demands of internal clients and willing to go the extra mile
- Strong initiative skills, working both independently and as a part of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with strong proficiency in English